• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

Thinking of going to Beachwood in Seal Beach tonight for Sour Fest. Anyone else going?

It has been great so far but man it gets expensive. I think I am skipping Crooked Stave tonight although I am sure it will be delicious. Tomorrow at the LB location is Cascade, save my money and liver for that. 

I know they're both good I just decided to head down there once and chose Expo instead. Never had Expo before, have had Bad Boy.

Plus I wanted to have bottles over a growler.

You drive from Carlsbad to Angel Stadium! Come on man. 

Convos with Asian hippies in the pub are teriffic. What kind of name is Dah Dah anyways?

I've never had beers from either. Is Cascade significantly better?

Crooked Stave is really good and the head brewer has brought a bunch of one offs from what I heard. It will be great and you would be happy. However, Cascade is more or less the king of sours in most peoples eyes. The Cascade event will be jammed pack which might be annoying but the LB spot is much bigger as Seal Beach has been like Lucky Baldwins during a big game. 

You drive from Carlsbad to Angel Stadium! Come on man. 

Convos with Asian hippies in the pub are teriffic. What kind of name is Dah Dah anyways?

It's definitely not the distance that keeps me from heading down there twice this month. I have enough beer to drink after last month's releases.

Went to Sourfest in Seal Beach last night.

Incredibly crowded but well managed. Shockingly fast to get a beer. Most of the beers were great. Only one I didn't care for (Nebraska Apricot au poivre). Tried about a dozen sours total. Got some good Q as well.

My buddy hit was about to hit his 500th check in on Untapped (a beer app for rating beers). To celebrate the occasion he bought a bottle of Firestone Walker 12. It was a great beer but I think it was past its prime. Smooth as hell though.

Went to his house after and tried the Southern Tier Crème Brulee as a nightcap. Smells delicious. Tastes good. Worst aftertaste ever. It tastes like artificial chemical flavor. I could barely finish 4 OZs of it. I can see why the opinion on this beer is sharply divided.

Oh, and the worst news of the evening is that my sister joined Untapped. My sister used to not like beer and was always our DD when we went on beer tasting adventures. She had started trying stuff recently. Now she's officially into it and I fear there is no going back. My days of having a built in DD are over!

Edited by eaterfan

Beachwood Happy Hour is the best kept secret around here. $5 for a sandwich and a buck or two off all house beers. For Sourweek they bring in bartenders from other craft beer spots. 

Glad you enjoyed it, didn't like that I missed last night but it was needed. After canning I was pretty dead anyway so a quick stop at Monkish for a belgian and a Po Boy from the Slayomama truck was enough for me. 

Beachwood Happy Hour is the best kept secret around here. $5 for a sandwich and a buck or two off all house beers. For Sourweek they bring in bartenders from other craft beer spots. 

Glad you enjoyed it, didn't like that I missed last night but it was needed. After canning I was pretty dead anyway so a quick stop at Monkish for a belgian and a Po Boy from the Slayomama truck was enough for me. 

$5 for a sandwich of BBQ of that quality is insane. If it wouldn't take me an hour to get there after work I would go.

I'm hoping they open a HB location. I could make it out there. One of my buddies I went with is on the HB planning commission. I said hello to the owner because my friend at work mentioned he was friends with her and I should say hi if I ended up going to sour fest. My friend, the commissioner is a big fan of Beachwood and he asked when they would be opening in HB. They said they had been trying hard but hadn't found a suitable location yet. My friend is getting them in touch with the business development planner for the commission so hopefully that moves forward. They said they weren't looking to brew at that location but there's nothing wrong with another place to get their beers.

Also, this is totally just at the idea stage (at most) so don't count on it happening.

Edited by eaterfan