• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

You know you're supposed to drink growlers within like 2 days after you get them right?

I guess it depends on how they seal it. If they use an air-tight cap then I can see it holding up longer. But yeah, most I have had have only lasted 72 hours at most. I had Hill Farmstead Ephraim and Abner in growlers and hoped it would last me a week but I ended up having to drink more than I probably should have and dumping out the rest, which was a complete waste. It tasted like shit after 3 days.

I drink when the f*ck I want.

Here is my list for the day:

Breury:

White Chocolate....amazing 14.75% ale

Or Xata

Humulus lager

Salty Weiss

Sour in the Rye

Bootleggers:

Anniversary Belgian Stout

Pumpkin (this tastes like a giraffes dick)

Golden Chaos w/ peaches and apricots (fan-f*cking-tastic)

I'm amazed I drank full of these.

On too a whiskey bar.

Edited by Brandon

I drink when the f*ck I want.

Here is my list for the day:

Breury:

White Chocolate....amazing 14.75% ale

Or Xata

Humulus lager

Salty Weiss

Sour in the Rye

Bootleggers:

Anniversary Belgian Stout

Pumpkin (this tastes like a giraffes dick)

Golden Chaos w/ peaches and apricots (fan-f*cking-tastic)

I'm amazed I drank full of these.

On too a whiskey bar.

I've always wanted to try the White Choc from The Bruery. Last time I was there they had a bunch of bottles behind the bar. I asked if I could buy one and they said they weren't for sale. WTF?!?!

Bootleggers Pumpkin is already out? Last year it took til Nov. I like a lot of Pumpkin brews and I think it's pretty solid. Need to keep my eye out for the Seasonal Pumpkins brews now.

White Choc was pretty damn incredible. It literally smelled and tasted like it, but was smooth...especially for that alcohol content.

The pumpkin just didn't taste like pumpkin and that was a disappointment. I actually can't even describe it. I'll try it again one if these days. They had Knuckle Sandwich on tap but it went quickly and I wanted to try new beers. I think she said they would be out until November-ish.

I don't think I've ever cracked open a growler the same week I bought one, and I've never had an issue.

You're not drinking the fresh beer you bought! You drink the bottles first don't you? On the back of most of our growlers they say to consume within 24 hours

You're not drinking the fresh beer you bought! You drink the bottles first don't you? On the back of most of our growlers they say to consume within 24 hours

Maybe within 24 hours after opening. I've had issues with Alpine bottles, but never their growlers. Even if I opened it 3 weeks after purchase.

I've always wanted to try the White Choc from The Bruery. Last time I was there they had a bunch of bottles behind the bar. I asked if I could buy one and they said they weren't for sale. WTF?!?!

Bootleggers Pumpkin is already out? Last year it took til Nov. I like a lot of Pumpkin brews and I think it's pretty solid. Need to keep my eye out for the Seasonal Pumpkins brews now.

The Pumpkin was released last week, it's one of my favorite pumpkin beers because it has more of the spices rather than pumpkin flavor, but everyone has different tastes.

Maybe within 24 hours after opening. I've had issues with Alpine bottles, but never their growlers. Even if I opened it 3 weeks after purchase.

Every growler fill is different, all depends on how the employee seals it.  If it is sealed correctly and kept cold, they can last a good amount of time.

I'm glad somebody brought a bottle to Packinghouse on Saturday so I got to try some, really good!

I've only tried it on tap so far. Glad it's good out of the bottle, hearing a few people say it's better out of the bottle. Of course it was a 3oz sample in a plastic cup in a crowded brewery 90+ degrees and humid as hell. Imagine all the other smells inside there.

Probably will enjoy a bottle Friday.

Time to head to Alpine. 

As for the Growler debate, the 24 hr window really applies to when the growler is opened and you release the gases. Of course they tell you to drink it right away because the gases naturally begin to disappear the moment it is bottled but it does tend to hold up on most occasions. If it is done correctly you will have little issue with it holding, even with IPA's.