• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

So online the BA Speedway Stout is sold out. Any chance of getting at the brewery?

Also is the DDG worth $40?

BA Stout is all gone. You can have it on tap this weekend but no more bottles. 

I havent had DDG and not sure if I want to spend 40 bucks for it either. I am sure it is good as Tomme always seems to deliver. 

I'm not a fan of Natty Ice personally. I much prefer the subtle wheat tones of Keystone Light. The way the medium body and 1-inch tan head hits your palate as you sip from your red Solo goblet is unmistakable. It has a good carbonation and the alcohol is very well hidden. As it warms you can detect sweet malt up front, with citrus and pine following. The back end is a subtle blend of hops and wheat that cleanses the palate.

4/5

I'm not a fan of Natty Ice personally. I much prefer the subtle wheat tones of Keystone Light. The way the medium body and 1-inch tan head hits your palate as you sip from your red Solo goblet is unmistakable. It has a good carbonation and the alcohol is very well hidden. As it warms you can detect sweet malt up front, with citrus and pine following. The back end is a subtle blend of hops and wheat that cleanses the palate.

4/5

Only 4/5?

4/5

Natty Ice leaves nicer lacing on the glass. 

This Friday El Segundo Brewery will be tapping their last kegs of Two5Left for a couple months. They are also tapping Grand Hill IPA for the first time. This is a brewery that is flying a bit under the radar and should earn  some recognition at the upcoming beer festivals. This release plus the launch of IPA Week at Naja's makes a trip to the South Bay mandatory for local IPA fans. 

Thank god for the Sprinter, goes from Cal State San Marcos to a block from my house. No DUI for me.

How do you get drunk off of 15 samples over a three hour period? I wish I could.

Of course I am talking to the person who trips when someone pretends to trip them. 

If it's like all of the other beer festivals that I've been to that "limit" tastings, they won't care halfway through. They do that to save their asses when someone drives drunk and kills someone

No, you will get more than that but I still would be hard pressed to get drunk. Of course at some point I just may chat up Laurie at the Smog City stand and drink from there for a little bit.  

Does anyone here trade beers?

I have found someone who wants to trade a 6 pack of fresh Heady Topper. I was wondering what would be a fair trade. Heady is fairly easy to get for people in the area and I think not expensive. I have 3 beers that I was thinking about trading (it has to be today and I don't have much free time to pick up something for him like Loakal Red or Trade Winds). The beers are a 12 Oz Uncle Jacob's (I have 6), A 750 Tart of Darkness, a 22 oz Deschutes XXV (I have 3). Which option should I go with? Is that enough? Too much?

I have a college friend who is going to the Alchemist in December but I won't get it nearly as fresh as this is. So I will get Heady eventually even if not via this trade so I don't feel pressure to give up too much. Also I like IPAs but they aren't my favorite like stouts are.

I forgot that I have a couple of bombers of Hangar 24 stuff. It's not expensive but like the Tart of Darkness it's local.