• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

I was in Hollingshead the other day picking up some beer and I asked the guy at the counter if they had any Russian River. he said that reminds me I have an announcement to make on Monday the 16th we have Pliny the younger starting at 10 o'clock

I imagine you're familiar with Toronado? First place I had Pliny. The friendly help only added to my experience...

oh yes - very familiar.

its SF beer week now, so it's beer heaven in these parts.

went over yesterday actually to get some pliny the younger, but the keg was already empty.

will try again today.

it can be chaos.

Edited by mrwicked

Elder has become much easier to find these days. LA has it just as much as places in the OC. 

Anyone check out any newer breweries lately? Favorites? Highly recommend Phantom Carriage, Toolbox, Barley Forge and Artifex. 

Didnt make it to Russian River this year for younger, hitting up Salted Pig on Monday to get a glass. Probably hit up Haven on the 22nd too. 

Grabbed a couple tickets to Firestone Walker Invitational. Should be an amazing day. Anyone else headed up there?  

Alpine Exponential Hoppiness is available right now. Although Beachwood FV9 and El Segundo Hammerland are better choices right now. 

I actually have always done younger so I hadnt had a chance to snag tickets for FW since they sell tixs that weekend. Since I couldnt make it to Santa Rosa this year, I made sure to grab these. Cant wait, going to be awesome. Did you see some douche who had the tixs on Ebay for 550.00? My buddy Shane, from Firestone, called him out and he pulled them off. 

Another great new brewery and my favorite, Cellarmaker. Cant wait to go up there in May for the Angels series and hang out there again. 

Aaron, those bottles are going to be great.They arent aging the Brett long enough but everything is still top notch. You need to make it up to Phantom Carriage. They are killing some sours and their tap room is awesome. I am a bit partial though since a good friend is head brewer there. 

I almost went to Phantom when Smog City released Infinite Wishes but I didn't have time. I'll check it out next time I'm in the area.

I am doing the trip up to San Fransico in May as well. Going to visit Sante Adairius, Rare Barrel, Russian River, Cellarmaker, and some other breweries at some point. Mandatory stop at Barrelworks on the way up or back. Last trip I stayed in Santa Rosa for one night, this time I'm going to plan it out to where I stay right next to Lagunitas for a night.

Yea it didn't seem like Toolbox had the beer in Barrels for very long. About 5 months.

Dont think I will be able to hit up Rare Barrel due to the limited hours. Doing Russian River Friday before the game. Going to the Oakland game on Thursday. Hitting up Faction right after. Going to probably do Cellarmaker after the Sat game. Wish I had more time to make stops on the way up or down. 

Bummer about Rare Barrel, James.

I joined their membership club this year. I have only gotten one shipment so far but the beer, Soliloquy, was exceptional.

I was a Founder with the Rare Barrel, enjoyed it a lot so re-newing was a no brainer. I also got into SARA's Cellar this year.

I'm planning on going to the Wednesday A's game, Friday and Saturday Giants games, then coming back Sunday, So I'll have plenty of time to check a lot of things out.

Finally got to try Younger - man it was fantastic.

I love Pliny the Elder (it's really the only IPA I enjoy), but I can see why the Younger is raved about so much.

I have a little app called Taplist that you can add a notification for any kind of beer, and when someone checks in within X miles of you drinking it, it will tell you.

I was out shopping for boring marble slabs for my remodel and got a note that Younger was being poured at a place 3 blocks away, so my fiancee and I went to check it out. We assumed it was BS.

But they had it!

You walk up and the first thing they ask: are you here for younger? ;)

Best part: place wasn't packed because they had just tapped the keg and hadn't announced it beforehand.

So we had a table, no lines, good food, and enjoyed our Tuesday afternoon Younger.

Couldn't have possibly worked out better.

Great for you but whoever "checked in" that they had Younger was pretty stupid.  I would've been selfish and not advertise it.

Yeah - agreed. I don't know where they "check in" either, some beer social network I guess.

This little site just monitors it.

But they were rationing - handing out tickets at the door so each person could get only 2 pints.

Even without advertising, the keg was empty in probably 30 mins.

Edited by mrwicked