• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

Jersey Mike’s CEO says it’s becoming ‘more difficult’ to hire teenagers

"We just hope that the labor rates, they don’t forget 14 and 15 and 16 and 17-year-old kids, we need a separate wage for them," Peter Cancro stressed during his appearance on "Cavuto: Coast to Coast" Tuesday.

The founder and CEO of Jersey Mike’s discussed the company’s resiliency throughout the labor crisis and the success the popular sub spot has seen in recent years.

Despite the lackluster interest from potential teenage hires, the company has managed to stay afloat during the post-COVID labor challenges. 

"The labor crisis really hasn’t touched us because of the 15 people on the roster total. And we go out, and we recruit

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/jersey-mikes-ceo-says-becoming-more-difficult-to-hire-teenagers

On 9/16/2023 at 6:49 AM, Redondo said:

McDonald’s franchise group says new law will result in a ‘devastating financial blow’

"The new ‘AB 1228’ legislation has been voted into law and will result in a devastating financial blow to California McDonald’s franchisees at a projected annual cost of $250,000 per McDonald’s restaurant," the advocacy group representing some 1,000 McDonald’s franchisees said in the memo obtained by FOX Business. 

"These costs simply cannot be absorbed by the current business model."

CNBC earlier reported on the NOA memo.

Among the bill's key components: 

1. It would raise the minimum wage for fast-food workers to $20 per hour.
  2. It would apply to restaurants with at least 60 locations nationwide, except for restaurants that make and sell their own bread.
  3. It would also create a 10-person council to govern fast-food chains and set guidelines for working conditions and wages.

Oh boohoo. I'm sure the CEO will give the leadership team $150M raises to comfort themselves during this trying time.

22 hours ago, cals said:

No shit.  I had no idea the Panera lobby was so powerful.  It’s either that or like 10+ members of the Assembly own Panera franchises.

Has anyone been to a Panera lately? It sucks ass and their employees act like they're being held there against their will. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to learn their employer fought so hard to keep them from getting raises.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

Has anyone been to a Panera lately? It sucks ass and their employees act like they're being held there against their will. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to learn their employer fought so hard to keep them from getting raises.

My last trip to Panera was just that - my last. Incorrectly prepared cold food and employees who couldn't care less about the mistakes. When I complained to management, their response was to offer me the same food that they had screwed up during my previous visit.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 8:21 AM, Taylor said:

You think raising the minimum wage will automatically make Panera suck less, and employee morale do a 180?

40 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

You think raising the minimum wage will automatically make Panera suck less, and employee morale do a 180?

No, because whoever owns it now doesn't care about creating a quality product or experience, just spending the bare minimum to maintain profitability. Just like Arte!

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

No, because whoever owns it now doesn't care about creating a quality product or experience, just spending the bare minimum to maintain profitability. Just like Arte!

So we agree that just throwing more money at an issue is not the solution.

Edited by Slegnaac

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 1:39 PM, CaliAngel said:

Panera sucks.

Went there for a group meeting during college university and was like "wtf is this overpriced garbage?" after I got my food, and never went back.

No clue why anyone would be a repeat customer at that place.

Boil in a bag at its best.