• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What is more frustrating...

As a fan I've found:

More frustrating is a team that can't pitch. It's really frustrating to score a ton of runs and not be able to hold the lead, but with a 2 run lead in the 8th I still have hope. Also, with a good offense I think they can still come back even after blowing a lead.

More demoralizing is a team that can't hit. Getting down 2 runs means the game is over.

54 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

As a fan I've found:

More frustrating is a team that can't pitch. It's really frustrating to score a ton of runs and not be able to hold the lead, but with a 2 run lead in the 8th I still have hope. Also, with a good offense I think they can still come back even after blowing a lead.

More demoralizing is a team that can't hit. Getting down 2 runs means the game is over.

I always thought a pitcher can get lucky and have a ball hit hard to a defender or the ball doesn't hit off the bat the right way, but if you can't hit you have to hope for bad hops, dribble hits, or errors. The odds of those are much rarer.

I look at it this way:

Having a shitty offense is like being an ugly fat dude (like myself) and trying to pick up chicks all night. No matter how hard you try, no matter what the approach is, you're going to strike the F*ck out. You might get a "Hi" or a quick dance here and there, but it doesn't matter because she ends up being a tranny and you go home depressed and with awkward blue balls. 

Having a shitty rotation is exactly like having a shitty offense, only you keep getting hit on by dudes all night. Doesn't matter how loud you yell "I'm not gay!", guys are coming after you hard and fast and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Eventually you go home, embarrassed and lie in bed and cry all night.

Having a shitty bullpen is like being a sexy dude with six pack abs and loads of cash. You score the hottest chick at the bar that night and bring her home. She wants you, bad. She's all over you. You start Facking her and right as you're about to finish your dad comes in bare-ass naked and rips a monster fart right in your face. 

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I look at it this way:

Having a shitty offense is like being an ugly fat dude (like myself) and trying to pick up chicks all night. No matter how hard you try, no matter what the approach is, you're going to strike the F*ck out. You might get a "Hi" or a quick dance here and there, but it doesn't matter because she ends up being a tranny and you go home depressed and with awkward blue balls. 

Having a shitty rotation is exactly like having a shitty offense, only you keep getting hit on by dudes all night. Doesn't matter how loud you yell "I'm not gay!", guys are coming after you hard and fast and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Eventually you go home, embarrassed and lie in bed and cry all night.

Having a shitty bullpen is like being a sexy dude with six pack abs and loads of cash. You score the hottest chick at the bar that night and bring her home. She wants you, bad. She's all over you. You start Facking her and right as you're about to finish your dad comes in bare-ass naked and rips a monster fart right in your face. 

I literally was just saying this exact same thing the other day 

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I look at it this way:

You know I have to ask....

What happens when you have a shitty manager?

I was with you, , @tdawg87, the whole way, unsure where the story would lead but enjoying the suspense.

So you've got some choices. Lose the weight and maximize what you have. That would be like dumping Pujols, Valbuena, Calhoun, and maybe Kinsler, and bringing up Fletcher, Fernandez, Blash, giving Hermosillo a chance. It won't be easy and there will be growing pains, but it can't be worse, right? 

Throw in a dude every once in awhile because, well, a mouth is a mouth, and a dude's mouth is better than no mouth (allegedly). Plus, it is 2018 and all millenials are a touch gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that). And some trannies are a little hot.

Finally, let your wingman draw in the chicks and then take his sloppy seconds. Just be careful of #metoo and be a genteman.

13 hours ago, Torridd said:

...a team that can't hit or can't pitch?

I think not hitting is more frustrating than giving up a ton of runs although the bullpen coughing up leads is probably most frustrating. Thoughts?

A team that can pitch stays in games and can get lucky...   If I had to pick one, I think the team that struggles to hit is the lesser evil. 

12 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I look at it this way:

Does the tranny get blue balls too?

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

A team that can pitch stays in games and can get lucky...   If I had to pick one, I think the team that struggles to hit is the lesser evil. 

That's funny. I think the team that can hit stays in games.

11 hours ago, calscuf said:

I would say that having a terrible bullpen is like having erectile dysfunction.  It doesn’t matter if you’re super handsome, can score all the chicks and can pitch a good beginning of the game.  

When the game is on the line and it’s time to seal the deal, you can’t do it, ruining everything and just making everyone involved feel shitty all around.  You would’ve just been better off getting blown off(out) and losing big time like the fat guy.  

This isn't all about you.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Well...  not to get technical but pretty much every study ever done has shown that run PREVENTION has a bigger impact on wins than run PRODUCTION.   But run prevention tends to bore the living shit out of most fans...   

yeah, count me in the group that loves to see a good hitting team. i'd rather my team win 11-10 than 2-1. 

but in a perfect season, i'd rather have a team that can win 11-1 . . .