• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Royals (6/6/2018)

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

The whole damn bullpen with the exception of Noe and Alvarez needs to go down and work on their command.

Surprisingly, BadRock allowed just one baserunner in two high profile innings in this series.   Who knows what is going on there, I just want to see him continue to do that because then he becomes a reliever of importance like he USED to be in 2016.

2 hours ago, TroutField said:

I think that’s what he isn’t understanding... we don’t have the bullpen arms. Anderson has actually been quite a godsend for this bullpen this year 

Except that recently it seems that batters are laying off more of his pitches and driving the BBs way up.  

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Surprisingly, BadRock allowed just one baserunner in two high profile innings in this series.   Who knows what is going on there, I just want to see him continue to do that because then he becomes a reliever of importance like he USED to be in 2016.

Used to be?  You mean the one year out of five?

25 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Used to be?  You mean the one year out of five?

Looking at last year’s numbers, he was a little unlucky and injured for part of it.   FIP was 3.38 vs 4.43 ERA, allowed 5 HRs in 44 innings, Ks/BBs was 53/17, and he did register 6 saves.

If he did so far what he did in 2017, he would be fine as the 7th/8th inning guy compared to the rest.    

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Looking at last year’s numbers, he was a little unlucky and injured for part of it.   FIP was 3.38 vs 4.43 ERA, allowed 5 HRs in 44 innings, Ks/BBs was 53/17, and he did register 6 saves.

If he did so far what he did in 2017, he would be fine as the 7th/8th inning guy compared to the rest.    

After five years the concept of "unlucky" is hard to accept.  I dont think he has the balls to be a closer.  He loses his control with pressure yet seems to pitch well in no pressure situations.

36 minutes ago, stormngt said:

After five years the concept of "unlucky" is hard to accept.  I dont think he has the balls to be a closer.  He loses his control with pressure yet seems to pitch well in no pressure situations.

This is pretty accurate.   He could still have value as a 7th inning guy, if he pitches like he did in the Royals series.

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Not sure I would have classified last night as 'high profile'. 4-1 lead, sixth inning. I actually think this might be a good spot for Cam - limit him to 6th and 7th. Something seems to slip sideways in his brain when he's brought in to close.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Remember that even in his dominant 2016 season, BadRock mainly pitched the 6th - 8th innings and didn't close.  

He is the anti-Kyra Sedgewick.

She always creeps me out, though; her mouth is easily twice as big as it should be. I was always afraid she would smile super big, just to see if it would meet in the back, and the top of her head would fall off.

Speaking of anti-closers, with more teams dabbling with an 'opener' to get through the top of the lineup, I wonder how he would fare in the first?

26 minutes ago, Pablo said:

She always creeps me out, though; her mouth is easily twice as big as it should be. I was always afraid she would smile super big, just to see if it would meet in the back, and the top of her head would fall off.

I get the same feeling from Ellen Barkin. Her mouth and those needy eyes.

Creepy