• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

California Governor Race

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Didn't California Dems make it so that two Dems could run for governor, rather than 1 Dem and 1 Republican? 

Yep. It's a very effective way of maintaining control. Only the top 2 candidates make the ballot in the general election in November. Their party does not matter. I doubt more than 5% of registered Republicans or Libertarians even bother voting during the general one. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yep. It's a very effective way of maintaining control. Only the top 2 candidates make the ballot in the general election in November. Their party does not matter. I doubt more than 5% of registered Republicans or Libertarians even bother voting during the general one. 

Lol @ the possibility of Newsom vs. Villaraigosa.

Almost as bad as the possibility of a Red Sox/Dodgers World Series.

19 minutes ago, red321 said:

Looks like Newsom's advertising (for Cox) paid off as planned

Having Newsom as our governor should exciting. Everyone should move here so you can get "free" health care when they implement it. 

He'll have a less compliant State Senate, well I guess potentially based on what happens in November. Newman was recalled so the Democrats have lost their super majority for the time being.

Not necessarily a bad thing in my view. I thought the recall was a sham and had no issues with Newman as my representative...but I don't necessarily view super majorities in both houses as a good thing.