• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Reds should be open for business

We should be having discussions with the Reds about solving some of our problems thru trade, we could certainly use Scooter Gennett, Jared Hughes, David Hernandez (again), and even Michael Lorenzen (Titan! Although the Reds might not be likely to part with him.).

They would all plug holes that are pretty obvious on this team. I would at least find out what the Reds would want for any or all of these guys.

I would dump Kinsler and trade David Fletcher for Scooter Gennett right now. 

Much needed power bat from the left side that would fit nicely in our lineup. Throw in a bullpen arm while they're at it. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Much needed power bat from the left side that would fit nicely in our lineup. Throw in a bullpen arm while they're at it. 

How dare you make a trade that makes complete and total sense for the betterment of the franchise! We should be looking for 35+ with BA below the Mendoza line.

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

The Reds are playing better after firing their manager. 

Novel concept.

i wish our manager would make kinsler, calhoun, maldonado, pujols, and young hit better. 

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

i wish our manager would make kinsler, calhoun, maldonado, pujols, and young hit better. 

It's past Memorial Day...it's far enough into the season to do something with players that are not producing. These are the big leagues, this shit is serious, and they've had long enough to break out of a "slump"...these are not slumps and it's time now to give someone else a chance, with consistent paying time, to see what they have to offer.

The above list have proven they cannot and will not hit. Time to move on or just forfeit the season.

Gennett scare me a little, hes way over his norms, i would almost rather just give Fletcher a shot over making that deal. 
I might look to buy low on Billy Hamilton who has one year left of Arb.   He might look nice at the top if he can right things and due to his current performance wouldnt be expensive.   They have a couple of nice bullpen arms i wouldnt mind, Garrett, Iglesias, Hughes...   
Them and the Royals both have intriguing options.

12 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

It's past Memorial Day...it's far enough into the season to do something with players that are not producing. These are the big leagues, this shit is serious, and they've had long enough to break out of a "slump"...these are not slumps and it's time now to give someone else a chance, with consistent paying time, to see what they have to offer.

The above list have proven they cannot and will not hit. Time to move on or just forfeit the season.

Ok, I will tell Eppler.  

48 minutes ago, Tank said:

Pujols is almost 2 WAR better than last year, and is playing at virtually balanced WAR.  I think most of us would be happy with that at the beginning of the season.  
Maldonado has never been a hitter, to expect him to suddenly be one is silly.   Calhoun, i truly cant figure, but something is going to need to be done.  Kinsler, get the fork call up Fletcher, that should probably be move #1 IMO

58 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Chuck, do you honestly think the Reds would trade Scooter Gennett for David Fletcher?

I’d be willing to put together a little package for Suarez to play 3rd and some of their bullpen guys like Hernandez and Jared Hughes. 

It would probably be an expensive trade prospect wise though. Suarez has an OPS of .947 and he’s only 26, and Hughes has a long track record of being a solid reliever. 

Gennett has demonstrated an ability to hit in the major leagues year over year now.  Peripherals be damned.  He’s worth more then David Fletcher.  The Reds wouldn’t do this. 

If the Angels are shopping then Gennett shouldn’t be the target imo.  Basically because of aforementioned peripheral stats.  We’re better off prying Moustakas out of KC.  Or trying getting a serviceable RF.  We have options in house at 2b that we don’t have for 3b or RF. 

The Angels overall are best with Cozart playing 2b cause he’s not great at 3b.  

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Gennett has demonstrated an ability to hit in the major leagues year over year now.  Peripherals be damned.  He’s worth more then David Fletcher.  The Reds wouldn’t do this. 

If the Angels are shopping then Gennett shouldn’t be the target imo.  Basically because of aforementioned peripheral stats.  We’re better off prying Moustakas out of KC.  Or trying getting a serviceable RF.  We have options in house at 2b that we don’t have for 3b or RF. 

The Angels overall are best with Cozart playing 2b cause he’s not great at 3b.  

How close is Ward to being MLB starting 3B ready?

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Necessity is the mother of invention or so they say..   May as well give birth to a 3B if things get ugly enough.

i'll have a chat with Mrs. Tank and see if we can help with this.