• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

LA area Restaurant suggestions

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

at this point in time, you and i know the same amount of info on how much of LA they want to see. mine is farther away but it could a place that interests them, mr. smarty pants.

"Do you want to see the graffiti and the homeless encampments on the freeway underpasses?  Mind-numbing traffic?  Tons of Armenians?

Let's get off the beach and head to Glendale!"

I thought you were a vegetarian, btw.....

16 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

"Do you want to see the graffiti and the homeless encampments on the freeway underpasses?  Mind-numbing traffic?  Tons of Armenians?

Let's get off the beach and head to Glendale!"

I thought you were a vegetarian, btw.....

those are perfect reasons to come to glendale!

yes, still a vegetarian. someone mentioned fish tacos (it wasn't me since i've never had one). the mexican place i mentioned does indeed offer them, but their other food is very good. i usually get the potato tacos. the tofu tacos (yes, they really have them) aren't as good as the potato ones.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

anyone ever eat at olvera street? is it worth the trip?

last time i ate there was around 2001 and it was pretty unremarkable. not even sure of which restaurant we chose (they all looked alike to me).

Yes. 

No. 

14 hours ago, Tank said:

those are perfect reasons to come to glendale!

yes, still a vegetarian. someone mentioned fish tacos (it wasn't me since i've never had one). the mexican place i mentioned does indeed offer them, but their other food is very good. i usually get the potato tacos. the tofu tacos (yes, they really have them) aren't as good as the potato ones.

No self-respecting Southerner uses instant grits  Californian would eat tofu tacos. I We take pride in my grits  our tacos. 

Thanks for the advice guys. ?

I remember asking for advice the first time I came to the area with the wife and kids, and Adam recommended Fritz's..................good times, good times.  

3 hours ago, NJHalo said:

I remember asking for advice the first time I came to the area with the wife and kids, and Adam recommended Fritz's..................good times, good times.  

hope you avoided the smorgasboard . . . 

On 5/30/2018 at 8:03 PM, wopphil said:

Go to Toscana in Brentwood. Kind of a strange location, but incredible food, and your friend will get a kick looking for celebrities (I went there a few months ago and saw Al Michaels, Jerry West, and the principal from Kindergarten Cop).

Did either you, Al or Jerry get an autograph from the Kindergarten Cop principal?

On 5/30/2018 at 8:41 AM, NJHalo said:

Well, now that you mention it.  Silver Reign, Fantasy Island, 4Play, and Plan B according to google maps.  I haven't been to any of them I swear.  Just tell your friend that Silver Reign is the minor league team for the LA Kings Ice girls.  Fantasy Island is based on the old TV show.  4Play is an arcade.  And Plan B is a hip dance club.  

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, Blarg said:

Let's see, staying in Santa Monica where the weather is pleasant and the beach at their doorstep and you want them to squander a day of driving in traffic to go to Glendale for Fish Tacos made by an Armenian?  No.

Roll up the coast through the Palisades to Malibu and hit up the ever classic Dukes. 

Or if down O.C. way, the Duke's at the Huntington Beach Pier

For classic burgers, the original Tommy's at 3rd and Rampart in LA always works.   Great chili burgers and served quickly, Frank Sinatra and LaMoutha are just two of many celebs to have frequented it in the past.   Rival gangs have declared it truce ground in the past, that's how popular it has been for many years.

Canters on Fairfax has the best corned beef I've ever had.   Admittedly, I haven't tried Langers yet.  

Fabiolus on Sunset near the Pantages has really good Italian food.

Out O.C. way again, Johnny Rebs on Chapman in Orange has really good southern food, including yes, grits. 

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

linda hunt!

famous for being first person to win an oscar playing someone of the opposite sex.

her best role of course: being "the management" in carnivàle. 

Linda-Hunt-linda-hunt-40779384-500-255.g

she played Billy in The Year of Living Dangerously, with Mel Gibson. a terrrific movie.