• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

3-9

3-9 is our record through the past 12 games,  considering the fact that we have wasted a phenomenal month from the pitching staff, Changes have to be consider. I hate to admit it,  but Seattle looks like there going to be in the race throughout the year and we cannot continue to keep on loosing. We are 5.5 games our of 1st and 4 Games back from the Wc. We have 9 games against the Tigers, Ranger and KC followed by Seattle, these next series are important. Two changes need to be considered.;

1. Offesne: 

like many other post have shared theere dislike of our offense, I have to agree with them, it sucks!. We have too many black holes and low OBP guys in the line-up. Cozart looks like he is finally picking it up, but Kinsler, Valbuena, Calhoun and Young have not helped. At this point Valbuena should be DFA, i don't care how good of a club house guy he is, we need results and he hasn't brought them to us this year and last year. Bring up JMF, he kills two postion and is a better offensive player than Valbuena. He can start as out second base and than switch to first when Pujol's DHs. next in line Kinsler, ask him if he's willing to take a bench role and allow JMF to play, he'll still be able to play when JMF plays 1st, but if not DFA. Calhoun has brought defense and has save a few games, young is a bench player and 2 mil, i will have to give Kole a bit if time and see if he can turn it around but if not Hermo is called up.

New look line:

1. Cozart 3rd 

2. JMF  2nd/1st

3. Trout Cf

4. Upton LF

5. Pujols Dh/1st

6. Ohtani Dh

7. Simmons SS

8. Mald C

9. Kole RF / Hermo

2. Assign roles in the BP

I know that we do not have a legit closer, but at this point of the season we have to assign role for guys That are set until a change is made. decide who pitches the 9th between Parker and Anderson, the 8th, 7th and 6th.  No more closer/ inning by  committee

Preferred set-up

5th - Noe

6th- Alvarez/ Johnson

7th.  Bedrock

8th- Anderson

9th- Parker 

7 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

3-9 is our record through the past 12 games,  considering the fact that we have wasted a phenomenal month from the pitching staff, Changes have to be consider. I hate to admit it,  but Seattle looks like there going to be in the race throughout the year and we cannot continue to keep on loosing. We are 5.5 games our of 1st and 4 Games back from the Wc. We have 9 games against the Tigers, Ranger and KC followed by Seattle, these next series are important. Two changes need to be considered.;

1. Offesne: 

like many other post have shared theere dislike of our offense, I have to agree with them, it sucks!. We have too many black holes and low OBP guys in the line-up. Cozart looks like he is finally picking it up, but Kinsler, Valbuena, Calhoun and Young have not helped. At this point Valbuena should be DFA, i don't care how good of a club house guy he is, we need results and he hasn't brought them to us this year and last year. Bring up JMF, he kills two postion and is a better offensive player than Valbuena. He can start as out second base and than switch to first when Pujol's DHs. next in line Kinsler, ask him if he's willing to take a bench role and allow JMF to play, he'll still be able to play when JMF plays 1st, but if not DFA. Calhoun has brought defense and has save a few games, young is a bench player and 2 mil, i will have to give Kole a bit if time and see if he can turn it around but if not Hermo is called up.

New look line:

1. Cozart 3rd 

2. JMF  2nd/1st

3. Trout Cf

4. Upton LF

5. Pujols Dh/1st

6. Ohtani Dh

7. Simmons SS

8. Mald C

9. Kole RF / Hermo

2. Assign roles in the BP

I know that we do not have a legit closer, but at this point of the season we have to assign role for guys That are set until a change is made. decide who pitches the 9th between Parker and Anderson, the 8th, 7th and 6th.  No more closer/ inning by  committee

Preferred set-up

5th - Noe

6th- Alvarez/ Johnson

7th.  Bedrock

8th- Anderson

9th- Parker 

Dude, do you proofread before you post?

You really should consider it.

31 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

They’ve tried other minor league options.

WTF are they waiting for with JMF??? 

This is my growing area of frustration..    I get that the team might be wanting to take this time .vs weaker competition to give their veterans a chance to "get well"...  but, weaker competiion is also a perfect opportunity to bring guys up and have them get their feet wet.   Im guessing it will be mid June before they finally start looking to cut bait on some guys...  but if they keep playing like they have then they may have burried themselves by then.

For me, i see inconsistency.

In the first moth the pitching was atrocious, then the bullpen, now the offense, we just cant seem to put it all together.  Its frustrating as hell.
We know this team can hit better, they did so.

Series wise we won our first 5, including versus Cle, since then we are 4-6-2 in our last 10 series.  We dropped 2 series to the Yanks, 11 to Bos, and 1 to Hou, then just for good measure to prove it isnt just to good clubs, we also gave one to SF, and TB, and split with the Twins and Rockies.  Then, just to really confuse everyone, we won series against Hou, Bal, Sea, and Tor.  Overall that still leaves us 9-6-2 in series this season so far.  The thing that bothers me the most is that there is no pattern here.  Weve beaten the best and lost to the worst.

This is the one thing we have done far too much under Scoscia in my view and why ive often criticized him.  We seem to rise to the occasion against the good clubs, even in losing most of  those series they were hard fought, then we play down to the level of our opponents and get shut out by Cy Whateverthefuckthisrookeisnameis.

Its the one thing that has frustrated me more than any other in recent years as a Halo fan, a complete lack of consistency in any part of our game.