• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols numbers not encouraging

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

He will finish out his contract and will be made the next manager of the Angels. Then he will pencil himself in the 4 spot in the line up.

That would be sweet.  I hope GM Sosh makes this happen. 

I really didn't like Scioscia flexing his muscles against the GM.  It really bugged me.  In all honesty at the time I was of the opinion he should be fired for insubordination.

But in hindsight knowing now how to more accurately view Dipoto, I am thankful Scioscia stood up to him and won the battle.

I dont hate Scioscia and I also dont really have any attachment to him.  I dont really care if he stays or goes.  I'm fine with a fresh start if they go that direction.

But just saying I now appreciate MS having the nuts to stand up to Dipoto and push it to a head.

The organization is better off for it.

19 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I really didn't like Scioscia flexing his muscles against the GM.  It really bugged me.  In all honesty at the time I was of the opinion he should be fired for insubordination.

But in hindsight knowing now how to more accurately view Dipoto, I am thankful Scioscia stood up to him and won the battle.

I dont hate Scioscia and I also dont really have any attachment to him.  I dont really care if he stays or goes.  I'm fine with a fresh start if they go that direction.

But just saying I now appreciate MS having the nuts to stand up to Dipoto and push it to a head.

I too wanted Scioscia fired, but after more information came out about how it went down, yea, it was basically all Dipoto, well him and someone else.  

4 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I too wanted Scioscia fired, but after more information came out about how it went down, yea, it was basically all Dipoto, well him and someone else.  

That someone else seems to have learned his lesson too, regarding way too long contracts being given out.   Hopefully by 1 1/2 years from now, the last effects of those way too long contracts will pretty much have disappeared.  

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

That someone else seems to have learned his lesson too, regarding way too long contracts being given out.   Hopefully by 1 1/2 years from now, the last effects of those way too long contracts will pretty much have disappeared.  

Nope.  Different person.  

9 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

How was Scioscia insubordinate? He never publicly said anything negative about Dipoto.

12 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Angel fan:  Not only is he stuck on the roster, he bats 4th, which just makes the problem even more frustrating, embarrassing and nasty.

Husband: Not only am I married to her, she wears a G string at the community pool everyday, which just makes the problem even more frustrating, embarrassing and nasty.

Gets drunk, fights with your friends wife, then gets in to a flame war with the othee wives on facebook about it.

Digging into the statcast data makes me sad. The way I read the last few years is that the nagging injuries in his legs robbed him of his last two possible productive seasons. His sprint speed IS up this year vs last two and he's been pretty good against fastballs. 

Bad news is that he's totally collapsed against breaking balls and off speed pitches. My gut says that this is because now that he's healthy, he's cheating to catch up to fastballs because the bad speed has majorly deteriorated. Thus, he has to start the swing early to catch up to fastballs, leaving him no way to hold up on everything else. The rate at which pitch era are throwing him fastballs continues to decline, and if it goes much further I worry about a complete collapse similar to Calhoun's (albeit for different reasons). 

I've continued to hold irrational hope he could recover to serviceable levels with a healthy base for a year or two, seeing this I don't think I can anymore. Sad. I'm praying I'm wrong. 

AP Statcast Data

(P.S. I swear I have no financial interest in FG or statcast, just a total nerd and posting a lot about that stuff for those that might care too, recognize that this stuff is annoying to some, sorry) 

2 minutes ago, 101halo said:

Digging into the statcast data makes me sad. The way I read the last few years is that the nagging injuries in his legs robbed him of his last two possible productive seasons. His sprint speed IS up this year vs last two and he's been pretty good against fastballs. 

Bad news is that he's totally collapsed against breaking balls and off speed pitches. My gut says that this is because now that he's healthy, he's cheating to catch up to fastballs because the bad speed has majorly deteriorated. Thus, he has to start the swing early to catch up to fastballs, leaving him no way to hold up on everything else. The rate at which pitch era are throwing him fastballs continues to decline, and if it goes much further I worry about a complete collapse similar to Calhoun's (albeit for different reasons). 

I've continued to hold irrational hope he could recover to serviceable levels with a healthy base for a year or two, seeing this I don't think I can anymore. Sad. I'm praying I'm wrong. 

AP Statcast Data

(P.S. I swear I have no financial interest in FG or statcast, just a total nerd and posting a lot about that stuff for those that might care too, recognize that this stuff is annoying to some, sorry) 

I appreciate it man, very insightful.  Keep it coming!

But yeah, I agree, and I have come to accept that we're just not going to see much of anything positive from Pujols.  If the reports are accurate, the dude's 40 right now.  Unlikely we'll see him significant improve moving forward...

5 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I appreciate it man, very insightful.  Keep it coming!

But yeah, I agree, and I have come to accept that we're just not going to see much of anything positive from Pujols.  If the reports are accurate, the dude's 40 right now.  Unlikely we'll see him significant improve moving forward...

Thanks! The last sentence was probably least directed to you of anyone on the entire board, ha, but still appreciate it!