• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hero or Goat 5/16/2018

GOAT?!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Goat?

• Trout
    • Cozart
    • Scioscia
    • whole offense
    • ohtani

10 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I would point to the home plate ump. Decide what is a strike and what isn't, and call it all night. If it's not exactly what the 'box' says, that's fine; mlb hitters will adjust. Just keep it consistent.

I am curious about the strike zone posted on tv.  Can the alignment be off? It seems almost every game the umpire calls strike when it shows the ball just outside the zone and he calls a ball when the balls just inside the zone.

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

How is Cozart not blame more than Trout? He lost the game for the Angels tonight. 

I think its more the error that kept houston alive, then the HR right after.

End of the day, we got beat...by a really good pitcher, on a really good team. Shoulder shrug for games like this.

Its why last night was such a kick in the nuts.

If there is any silver lining, its that our pitching (sans bullpen) can hang with better on paper pitching staffs. 

Offense needs to get going, though. And trout needs to get back to being trout.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think its more the error that kept houston alive, then the HR right after.

End of the day, we got beat...by a really good pitcher, on a really good team. Shoulder shrug for games like this.

Its why last night was such a kick in the nuts.

If there is any silver lining, its that our pitching (sans bullpen) can hang with better on paper pitching staffs. 

Offense needs to get going, though. And trout needs to get back to being trout.

What pisses me off is that the Angels had a chance to sweep the series but it's always something that we can control that we can't. Fat Mike was clueless in leaving Alvarez in way too long  last night and Cozart's error tonight was the difference.

51 minutes ago, Glen said:

This was a tip your cap game. You couldn't ask for more from the pitching and Verlander was ridiculous. Richards made one mistake. 

Can't really blame anyone.

Easy there, new guy. We don't allow that new-school thinkin' here. 

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

I am curious about the strike zone posted on tv.  Can the alignment be off? It seems almost every game the umpire calls strike when it shows the ball just outside the zone and he calls a ball when the balls just inside the zone.

According to Pitch FX

Verlander

location.php-pitchSel=434378&game=gid_20

Richards

location.php-pitchSel=572070&game=gid_20

2 hours ago, Glen said:

This was a tip your cap game. You couldn't ask for more from the pitching and Verlander was ridiculous. Richards made one mistake. 

Can't really blame anyone.

Agreed. Yesterdays loss makes this one suck more. But verlander is a HOFr, still pitching like hes in his peak, and houston is coming off a championship. Is what it is. 

We already have been ans will continue to be the better team than someone else going forward.