• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cano suspended 80 games for violating drug agreement

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

They give you furosemide after you have been intubated and catheterized leading up to heart surgery and stuff like that

I know first hand ?

Ah I'm sorry man :(

But yeah, this is why the case was reviewed.  Obviously if Cano had a documented medical illness that necessitated the use of lasix, then he wouldn't have been suspended.  The fact that he was is basically clear evidence he was ruled to have been cheating.

1 minute ago, Turd Ferguson said:

I'm guessing he was popped a while ago, appealed, and then dropped the appeal when he got hurt. The timing is too coincidental.

Yeah, I read that he was caught in the offseason and his appeal was scheduled for today.  He dropped the appeal today though, so yep, no coincidence at all.

The Mariners obviously were aware of this situation all along, which helps elucidate why they acquired Gordon - as a "fail safe" in case they needed a 2B to cover Cano's likely suspension and had zero other options.

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Ah I'm sorry man :(

But yeah, this is why the case was reviewed.  Obviously if Cano had a documented medical illness that necessitated the use of lasix, then he wouldn't have been suspended.  The fact that he was is basically clear evidence he was ruled to have been cheating.

Judging by your username, I take it you've had some heart battles too?

4 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Yeah, I read that he was caught in the offseason and his appeal was scheduled for today.  He dropped the appeal today though, so yep, no coincidence at all.

The Mariners obviously were aware of this situation all along, which helps elucidate why they acquired Gordon - as a "fail safe" in case they needed a 2B to cover Cano's likely suspension and had zero other options.

It's funny how the Mariners got one cheater as a "fail safe" for another cheater.  Now they have 3 (Cruz, Gordon, Cano) players on their team, significant stars, all having cheated in the past few years. 

2 minutes ago, jordan said:

It's funny how the Mariners got one cheater as a "fail safe" for another cheater.  Now they have 3 (Cruz, Gordon, Cano) players on their team, significant stars, all having cheated in the past few years. 

Yeah, the irony is not lost, lol.  One cheater to substitute for another.  Gotta maintain your cheating quota, I guess :P

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Essentially sounds like it, yes.  From everything I have seen, the suspension starts AFTER he returns from the DL.  

The ban, which is without pay and is effective immediately, is for Cano's use of Furosemide, a diuretic that is in violation of baseball's policy.

That makes it sound like his DL and suspension run concurrently, and not consecutively.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The ban, which is without pay and is effective immediately, is for Cano's use of Furosemide, a diuretic that is in violation of baseball's policy.

That makes it sound like his DL and suspension run concurrently, and not consecutively.

Yeah, I was mistaken - it has since been clarified, and it is indeed concurrently.  I don't agree with that, but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Pujols coming up on MLB Radio, but asks Casey Stern and Matt Holliday not to ask him about Cano suspension. 

It's fairly certain that IF Albert were using at some point, he must have stopped some time ago.

Steroids generally don't correlate with weak ground balls to third, or lazy pop-ups. Yeah, there's the occasional hard-hit ball, but very little like the consistently great power of old. Barry Bonds put up one of his best seasons at age 39 and was still a fearsome destroyer of baseballs.

Edited by fan_since79

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

that makes sense.  All they had to do was determine whether he had a medical condition.  He went to the DR for the off season, took a bunch of PEDs, tried to clear his system before he got back and miss timed his regimen or because he's just a shade older, the body doesn't clear things out as well and he didn't adjust for that.  

'THIS WAS NOT A BOAT ACCIDENT.....'

And it wasnt jack the ripper.