• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Does someone have a list of longest shots in Anaheim Stadium history?

56 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I cannot believe that. I can maybe believe he hit the facade of the second deck, but I have never even see someone approach hitting the ball into the second deck at Angels stadium, and being down the line it is much closer. Trout's ball last night wasn't even close to the second deck/

I've seen Adam Kennedy hit a ball foul completely out of the stadium on the first base side. 

Completely out! Over the roof and all.

It was really tagged. 

24 minutes ago, daygloman said:

I've seen Adam Kennedy hit a ball foul completely out of the stadium on the first base side. 

Completely out! Over the roof and all.

It was really tagged. 

Ya, I've seen it done foul several times, but that is nothing compared to doing it while keeping it fair.

2 minutes ago, fanfromday1 said:

I remember seeing Frank Howard, when he was with the 'old' Washington Senators, hit one well past the Big 'A' scoreboard, on the center-field side, back in 1966. (It may have been 1967, not positive of the year).

Cruz homerun is a serious bomb... I'd wager if he hit it in this configuration of the stadium it too would've landed somewhere in the vicinity of the center field side of the Big A.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

People forget about him, but he had stupid power...    You know whats crazy is Im sure most people think he flamed out here and disappeared.  Dude actually went on to get 1500 at bats in MLB .   Finished his career with a 730 OPS and 71 bombs...  His 162 game average worked out to 20 HRs...  He's another guy that people think was just a bust, but if not for injuries he may have made a bigger mark.

i think some of it was hype. i used to watch him at lake elsinore games as a kid. i was too young to follow or care about tracking prospects, but he seemed to be highly touted.

longest i've ever seen was chuck giving me the press pass and i was on the field during the first batting practice they do around 2pm-ish and when it's open for the media. mike napoli was taking bp and just mashing the shit out of the ball. players were gathering around and it was almost like a spectacle for everyone...which is was. he was peppering the rocks and batters eye at will. one actually hit the top of the batters and we all thought it may actually go out of the stadium. this area pretty much dead center:

image.png

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I cannot believe that. I can maybe believe he hit the facade of the second deck, but I have never even see someone approach hitting the ball into the second deck at Angels stadium, and being down the line it is much closer. Trout's ball last night wasn't even close to the second deck/

And yet it happened..   Different type of hit balls tho.  Trouts was a rocket, Greene used to hit these absolute moonshot -- they seemed to take forever to go up and twice as long to come down.   As Dave points out, he saw him leave the park once on a foul ball..   The dude could launch balls... and launch is really the best way of explaining them -- they carried straight up for days...   it's been a long time but people that remember Greene remember the crazy amount of hype around him all of it due to his power.

59 minutes ago, Lou said:

Biggest longshot I ever saw in Anaheim was us winning the World Series in 2002 

that and @Adam , @mrwicked and I scoring a free suite in Oakland. . . 

or perhaps wicked getting free tacos at The Catch

another longshot was the blonde flirting with us right in front of her husband. good thing i brought quarters.

big thumbs up to the catch tacos.

2 hours ago, artesmustache said:

not to burst anyones 2002 euphoria but the Angels that year were LOADED with steroid users so it's not as if Bonds was only one juicing. Also, I believe it was Jason Stark who said something along the lines that the series was a juice fest.

Name them 

6 hours ago, stormngt said:

I got a good look where Trouts landed last night 

Bonds was more of a guess.  I remember it went into the tunnel so that's where I put measue.

I thought Bonds homer in game 1 also went into the tunnel. He just destroyed both of those moon shots, and I'd consider them among the longest homers to right field in the stadiums history.

i saw Trumbo hit a monster shot way up the batters eye in center once. Glaus used to hit them up there , too.

Edited by Tank

6 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

524 feet is over the food venue in left field. No way it was that far. Nelson Cruz currently has the longest recorded homerun at Angels stadium although the Barry Bonds 2002 shot it wasn't recorded only estimated.

Yeah, the 524 was way off for where the ball actually landed.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Name them 

Brad Fulmer would be my guess. After the Blue Jays game when Eckstein hit his walk off grand slam in the 13th, I was talking with my wife at the pay phone out front and I wondered who the NFL guy was signing autographs. Turned out it was Fulmer. 

05.jpg

Edited by Blarg

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Brad Fulmer would be my guess. After the Blue Jays game when Eckstein hit his walk off grand slam in the 13th, I was talking with my wife at the pay phone out front and I wondered who the NFL guy was signing autographs. Turned out it was Fulmer. 

05.jpg

That's a given.

I'm still waiting for that long list of players from @artesmustache . After all, the team was LOADED with them. 

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

05.jpg

Was that an autograph signing day in 2002?