• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hero or Goat 5/2/2018

Hero or Goat  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Hero

• Heaney - 6ip, 1er
    • Upton - 1/4, hr, 4 rbi. put the game away (sort of)
    • Maldonado - 3/4, hr, 2b
    • Trout - 1/2, hr, 2bb. 6bb in he series so far.
    • Pujols - 2/4, hr
    • Simmons - 2/3, 2b, sb

This is a tough one.  I went with Upton because his shot did put the game away.  Heaney dies deserves props because quality starts are not common in this staff.  Trout deserves props for his shot.  

Almost chose Pujols just to troll some on this board.

Heaney - but I LOL'd at Trout's shot coming off the bat - I could almost hear him thinking "Shove *that* up your azz, Showalter" - you keep intentionally walking him, you know he's building up steam ...

What's the deal with statcast?  Distance of NaN?  Dunno about 524 feet - but it was on par with Trumbo's bomb up in Oakland a few years back.  

Even before opening the thread i was hoping you had Maldonado in the poll. Dude has been trash at the plate tonstart the season. It looks like he may be getting out of his funk. That makes a huge difference for the bottom of the order that has had almost zero production. Hopefully he rubs off on Calhoun soon

News at 5 p.m. today...

Kid in Phoenix finds Trout's HR ball in his backyard this morning.

In other news...

CHP to initiate closures for north and south bound traffic on the 57 Fwy during Trout at-bats.

Amtrak to move the railroad tracks further out to avoid any accidents due to Trout HR's

This one was hard. No individual contibuted to that many runs, so you'd have to look at who made the most "important" ones. That answer is pretty clearly Upton, but he also looked lost in the field today, so I'm too annoyed at him to give him credit. Heaney pitched a good game, and for the Angels in 2018 that's a huge deal, but it basically didn't matter because of how bad Paredes was. I voted Heaney, but I kinda just wanna vote Paredes as the goat despite the win.