• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fire HINSKE?

Chuck

7 hours ago, tomsred said:

Upton is no different than he ever has been, he's a hot and cold guy.  I would guess that by the end of the year he will hit his average numbers.  He hasn't stolen anything.  He is not going to carry this team on his own, but he is better than this start and by far better than most of the crap that's been in LF the last several years.

Then find people who are consistent this crap is garbage and not fun to watch

7 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

It is the continuous manipulation of things that don't need to be messed with. 1 single move doesn't do much, but they manifest over time. It is piss poor management at its finest. You don't have to agree with it, you don't actually need to even think I'm sane. I know what I see and I don't need yours or anyone else's approval for my thought process. I promise my ego wont be hurt if you don't see it my way.

images copy 4.jpeg

22 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

This is the first month in MLB history where there are more total strikeouts than hits.

That's not good.

Yer kidding. That's worse than not good.

Where does this month fall, in terms of walks?

I hate this homerun swing-happy style of baseball. Too many runs left in scoring position with two out because guys are swinging like lumberjacks.

1 minute ago, WeatherWonk said:

Yer kidding. That's worse than not good.

Where does this month fall, in terms of walks?

I hate this homerun swing-happy style of baseball. Too many runs left in scoring position with two out because guys are swinging like lumberjacks.

Maybe this will become the next metric that a smart GM takes advantage of.   Finding guys with low strike out rates that still hit line drives.  

Is it only coincidence that the Yankees lead the AL in pitches per plate appearance AND runs scored? They also lead in walks. And OBP, even though they are only sixth in hitting.

Seems to be if a team is struggling to score, the solution might be to take more pitches and swing at mostly strikes. Hinske is probably counseling this..........but today's batters are probably not listening.

3 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Is it only coincidence that the Yankees lead the AL in pitches per plate appearance AND runs scored? They also lead in walks. And OBP, even though they are only sixth in hitting.

Seems to be if a team is struggling to score, the solution might be to take more pitches and swing at mostly strikes. Hinske is probably counseling this..........but today's batters are probably not listening.

I completely agree although I don’t think it’s as much about players listening.   In one of the threads Andrelton Simmons was quoted as saying Eppler sent him a text saying he’s a really good hitter when he swings at pitches he’s good at hitting.  If the team can not only tell a player what pitches and locations he hits best and the player can create some patience and discipline to swing at that pitch more often, that could be very useful.  

20 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Today is the day for the offense to wake up. If they can’t hit against a guy with a 13.11 ERA (Cobb), then who knows when they ever will.

Cobb has struggled, no doubt about it, but he's a better pitcher than what he's shown this year.  I'm afraid that he's gotten his rough starts out of the way and will mow down the Angels hitters.  I also tend to be wrong about many things which is why I'm not saying I think the Angels will break out with 8 runs in two innings against Cobb. 

3 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Today is the day for the offense to wake up. If they can’t hit against a guy with a 13.11 ERA (Cobb), then who knows when they ever will.

days like this are scary to me. either the offense will wake up just enough to eke out a win, or they'll make cobb look like bob gibson out there and he'll completely shut us down.