• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Garret Richards

nate

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think we should convert Richards to be a late inning guy for us and we trade for a starter that can give us some QS's. Someone that throws strikes.

agree with moving him to the back of the bullpen. as others have said, he has great stuff but there's something holding him back from being as elite as his stuff can be.

wish we would have signed arrieta.

23 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think we should convert Richards to be a late inning guy for us and we trade for a starter that can give us some QS's. Someone that throws strikes.

Convert both Richards and Shoe to high impact relief roles.

Run with Ohtani, Skaggs, Tropeano, Heaney, Barria, and acquire an innings eater who doesn’t pitch like 2013 Blanton.

Just get through 5-6 innings each game, and turn it over to: Richards, Shoe, Middleton, Johnson, and Bedrock Jr., in no particular order.  That would be a great late innings group.   Bullpens are a big deal.

Need offense though.

About these past 11 games, most of the hitters....WAKE UP!!!!!

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Convert both Richards and Shoe to high impact relief roles.

Run with Ohtani, Skaggs, Tropeano, Heaney, Barria, and acquire an innings eater who doesn’t pitch like 2013 Blanton.

Just get through 5-6 innings each game, and turn it over to: Richards, Shoe, Middleton, Johnson, and Bedrock Jr., in no particular order.  That would be a great late innings group.   Bullpens are a big deal.

Need offense though.

About these past 11 games, most of the hitters....WAKE UP!!!!!

You guys are crazy. How are you going to convert Richards, with his stuff, to a reliever?? He got blasted. Okay. Let's move on. More so than not  Richards gives you a good game. It may well be a confidence issue right now, but if his arm is all right I'd rather have him in the rotation than in the bullpen.

3 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

I would move Shoe to the pen, but not Richards, not yet.  Also as it relates to trading for a pitcher, I would trade for a pitcher unless they were a better pitcher than the ones we have in place.  

Yeah, maybe I can see Shoe with his injury issues, but definitely not Garret. Moreover, I can see him going to another team and really making us regretting losing him. The problems with fans is that they have really short memories.

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Just found this: 

image.png.344daab8063408e82b59b5fe54d0f8ca.png

It's a small sample so can't really say much. But kinda of surprised at martin defense so far.

wait, cera is an actual thing? LOLOL i thought that was just something made up here for the endless napoli-mathis debates.

He is what he is I guess.  A guy with great stuff who never becomes a great pitcher.  It happens.  I have been a big fan for awhile.  

But he's still a good starter.  He's gonna blow up once in awhile.  Seemed intimidated by their lineup and the team gave the yankees five outs in the first inning.  Enough to send Garrett over the edge.  

So he'll rail off 4-5 great starts in a row against lesser teams.  Which is fine.  Making him a late reliever is a terrible idea.  Don't think he's got the stones for it. 

40 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Sunce 2014, Richard's ha been consistently effective when he was healthy (problem it is rare when he has been healthy).  This year he is healthy and not effective.  That is my concern.  Why is he all of a sudden not effective?

Good question. Is it mental? And, if so, will he be able to get past it? 

15 hours ago, Torridd said:

storm, I was looking at his stats and he only pitched for a few innings the last couple of years when he was hurt. He may be scared to trust his stuff.

That is possible; however, you would think if he was scared it would have showed in the 6 games he pitched in 2017 and 2018.

However, it is possible with all of his injuries he may have changed his delivery and he doesn't have his confidence with it.

22 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Just found this: 

image.png.344daab8063408e82b59b5fe54d0f8ca.png

It's a small sample so can't really say much. But kinda of surprised at martin defense so far.

Rivera's making a case to be the starting catcher. The 0-for-33 (or whatever it is) should relegate Maldonado to the bench, period. I don't know what's wrong, but it seems the man has forgotten how to hit a baseball.

Edited by fan_since79

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Rivera's making a case to be the starting catcher. The 0-for-33 (or whatever it is) should relegate Maldonado to the bench period. I don't know what's wrong, but it seems the man simply forgot how to hit a baseball.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

What happened to first half of 2017 Machete with the bat?

AL pitchers figured him out?

I think the biggest issue with our guys have been there are trying pull every Pitch they saw. Against CC it was the perfect example. How many balls did we hit to CC along!!

OK, I think there is a bit of overreaction on this board (I know, right?). Richards is what he is. He has never actually been an ace (I believe I have stated that before and got flamed), but he does have good stuff. The thing about aces is that they have good stuff AND they know what to do with it. They trust it. It usually takes a few years' development to be able to harness it, and Richards has not been afforded that opportunity because of his various injuries.

But to cut him loose? Send him to the bullpen? Because he had one horrendous start against the Yankees? That would be overreaction.

I have a feeling the Yankees will make quite a few good pitchers look stupid before the year is out.