• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Amateur Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Stax said:
  • RHP Isaiah Campbell, Arkansas (BA-73, MLB.com-109)

Elbow soreness limited Campbell to just one appearance as a sophomore, but he returned strong this spring and showed flashes while posting a 4.01 ERA with 60 strikeouts in 58 innings. MLB.com noted that he has "better pure stuff" than college teammate Blaine Knight—a third-round pick by the Baltimore Orioles. After redshirting in 2017, he could opt to return.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/isaiah-campbell/

1 hour ago, Stax said:
  • RHP Isaiah Campbell, Arkansas (BA-73, MLB.com-109)

Elbow soreness limited Campbell to just one appearance as a sophomore, but he returned strong this spring and showed flashes while posting a 4.01 ERA with 60 strikeouts in 58 innings. MLB.com noted that he has "better pure stuff" than college teammate Blaine Knight—a third-round pick by the Baltimore Orioles. After redshirting in 2017, he could opt to return.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/isaiah-campbell/

would be huge for our draft if he signs.

6 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Nice to see Clayton Andrews (LHP) of Long Beach State get drafted by the Brewers.  I know he also plays OF, but he was drafted as a pitcher.

Funny thing is he's only 5'6"

He had an ERA over the last several weeks of just over 1.00, and also excelled at the plate as an everyday guy in the lineup.

On the season over 99.2 innings: 1.99 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 118 Ks/17 BBs....

As a hitter over 57 games, he batted .302 (co-2nd on team with 7th round pick Duran), 6 2Bs, 5 3Bs, 13-19 SBs.   

Hate to see him go, but he is clearly ready to take on pro ball.

8 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Nice to see Clayton Andrews (LHP) of Long Beach State get drafted by the Brewers.  I know he also plays OF, but he was drafted as a pitcher.

Funny thing is he's only 5'6"

So....  He's kinda like SHORTAY Ohtani?...     You don't have to tell me....  Ill shut up...

54 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

No catchers... i love it!!

Agreed. Over the years I have come to the conclusion that it is generally a lot easier to trade or sign a free agent catcher rather than developing a young one through the farm system.

It seems that in order to be a good defensive backstop you typically need a lot of time to develop the complete skill set. It seems rare for a young prospect to hit that high watermark (i.e. the Buster Posey"s of the world are rare).