• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fantastic ESPN Article on Ohtani

Taylor

It's a couple weeks old, but I haven't seen it posted here. Sheds a lot of light on his time in high school. He's such a unique, once-in-a-lifetime kind of a player. So glad the Angels have him.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/23042516/los-angeles-angels-star-shohei-ohtani-trying-never-seen

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's a couple weeks old, but I haven't seen it posted here. Sheds a lot of light on his time in high school. He's such a unique, once-in-a-lifetime kind of a player. So glad the Angels have him.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/23042516/los-angeles-angels-star-shohei-ohtani-trying-never-seen

When I first read this a couple weeks ago I couldn't help but think of Todd Marinovich and think that Ohtani was what Marv was hoping for....  Goes to show that all the physical tuning and prep in the world won't mean squat if the melon isn't right.

That really was a great read, as was the recent Ichiro one detailing his relationship with his father and the impact on him as a person/player.

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

You're clearly just trying to disprove TrollDaddy's recent comments by starting worthwhile angels player discussion threads.

Thank you though, I enjoyed the read.

7 hours ago, failos said:

Glad this isn’t a shitty Dave Shoenfield “HOT OR NOT” clickbait

Dude, I love those articles -- I never actually read them after the first one but, whenever I see them pop they remind me of how much I appreciate The Atheltic, and how I've not missed anything by not tuning into ESPN in what feels like a decade.

Between MLB Network and The Athletic, I find I have no use for ESPN other than to check their scoreboard/boxscores and unless there is a Sunday night MLB game.

Crazy how far they have fallen IMO.