• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Andrew Heaney

So what are your thoughts on him? He hasn’t really pitched well for the Angels since we acquired him, I know there was a tommy John surgery mixed in but damn I thought he was going to be a solid #3-#4 starter this year. Are we going to ever see that 2015 version of him again?

That Kendrick for Heaney swap didn’t turn out so good in the end.

3 minutes ago, TroutField said:

So what are your thoughts on him? He hasn’t really pitched well for the Angels since we acquired him, I know there was a tommy John surgery mixed in but damn I thought he was going to be a solid #3-#4 starter this year. Are we going to ever see that 2015 version of him again?

That Kendrick for Heaney swap didn’t turn out so good in the end.

The trade really hurt the offense in 2015

The Angels just have to hope that guys like Heaney, Skaggs, and Tropeano pitch well enough to be viewed as worthwhile assets.  IMO it would be ideal to trade one of them and a lower mid level prospect for a more reliable guy that some team like Tampa is looking to salary dump....hopefully Chris Archer.  We’ll probably have to strike early before teams like the Dodgers and Yankees start shopping. 

As far as them pitching well enough to have some value.   No dice really.  Yet. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

The dude has learned how to get the K and doesn't walk too many batters. He's getting BABIP'd to death and almost a third of the flyballs he's allowed have left the yard. 

The same way we shouldn't have put too much faith in Bridwell's "eh" peripherals, we shouldn't bury Heaney for performance that looks like a fluke in the wrong direction. 

I'm not willing to write him off just yet. 

3 minutes ago, 101halo said:

The dude has learned how to get the K and doesn't walk too many batters. He's getting BABIP'd to death and almost a third of the flyballs he's allowed have left the yard. 

The same way we shouldn't have put too much faith in Bridwell's "eh" peripherals, we shouldn't bury Heaney for performance that looks like a fluke in the wrong direction. 

I'm not willing to write him off just yet. 

Ya I mean it’s only been 2 starts.  He’s not this bad. 

Honestly he has barely pitched in a few years, his stuff looks good when he is "on", but he is stuck in his own head (Which seems to be a trend with our pitching staff).

It is interesting that we have been pinning our hopes on Heaney, Skaggs, and Richards for what seems like a decade, but all the forearm tightness followed by TJ Surgery/injections seem to stunt any growth from these guys. I'm rooting for Heaney to do well.

i'd never heard about him until the trade, and there was a ton of excitement here about getting him. maybe that raised my expectations from him but i haven't really seen anything in him that impresses me yet.