• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

@Pujols4MVP Good.  Let them take Lindholm for picks and prospects.  Just IMO, while Lindholm plays a fairly solid D.  That's about it.  He can't carry the puck out.  And while he plays D, its a soft D.  He can't muscle players off the puck.  I can't think of the last time I've seen him muscling someone out from in front of the net.  And he can't muscle players on the board.  Everytime I see him on the boards, he's getting taken advantage of.  And speed, he's about average.  I think he looks better, because he has Manson doing all the dirty defensive work.  

This is why Carlyle needs to be fired 10 minutes ago.  

If this crap continues.  Either he will become damaged goods.  Or he will demand a trade to get away from this crap.  Both scenarios means we will be losing for Hughes for years to come.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@Pujols4MVP Good.  Let them take Lindholm for picks and prospects.  Just IMO, while Lindholm plays a fairly solid D.  That's about it.  He can't carry the puck out.  And while he plays D, its a soft D.  He can't muscle players off the puck.  I can't think of the last time I've seen him muscling someone out from in front of the net.  And he can't muscle players on the board.  Everytime I see him on the boards, he's getting taken advantage of.  And speed, he's about average.  I think he looks better, because he has Manson doing all the dirty defensive work.  

Lindholm plays with Montour. Fowler/Manson has been a thing.

What about Fowler, his game is massively worse than Lindholm right now & he's older by 2 years. Fowler is the softest player on the team, and still gets hurt even though he avoids playing with an edge, he can't do anything on the power play, he can't produce offensively anymore for a guy who can't play a shutdown role.

13 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Lindholm plays with Montour. Fowler/Manson has been a thing.

What about Fowler, his game is massively worse than Lindholm right now & he's older by 2 years. Fowler is the softest player on the team, and still gets hurt even though he avoids playing with an edge, he can't do anything on the power play, he can't produce offensively anymore for a guy who can't play a shutdown role.

Just my opinion.  But I think of the Dmen, Fowler is the only one that can consistently get the puck out of the zone.  The others seem to have a lot of problems exiting the zone.  That's why I'd put value on him.

And here is a wild thought.  Trade Fowler and Lindholm.  Then try and sign Karlsson in the offseason.  

6 hours ago, Pujols4MVP said:

I got a hunch that Fowler or Lindholm is going to Montreal. Montreal's GM has been scouting the Ducks last 3 games.

Marc Bergevin & Bob Murray were talking at the 2016 draft, Fowler was once rumored to be going there.

Fowler age 27: 0.37 points per game this year (0.48 last year, big drop from last year). 1 point in his last 5 games.

Lindholm age 25: 0.43 points per game this year (last year was 0.45 so he's offensively produced about the same during a bad seas.on) 3 points in his last 5 games.

Fowler CF% 42% & being used in offensive zone starts 47.5% of the time.
Lindholm CF% 47.7% & being used in offensive zone starts 39.7%

Hampus is being used so heavily in the defensive zone & his CF% is still higher than Fowler.

Looking at other teams forums, everyone is low on Fowler & high on Lindholm. Not many want their team to cough up much for Fowler.

Good let’s move Lindholm and keep Fowler.  Lindholm is massively overvalued and has been for years.  It’s exactly like GB said and I’ve been saying.  Hampuis Lindholm is a soft ass player that shrinks from big moments every time he’s placed in them.  I’m fu*cking sick of watching it.  And I would love to get some dumbass team to overpay for him.  

Literally, the entire deal with him is that he contests zone entries.  Which is good ! But there’s more to being a defenseman then that.  And he does many of those other things badly to extremely badly.  The metrics really favor players who challenge forwards on entry so he’s a darling of that kind of data.  Hockey analytics is nowhere near as instructive as baseball data. It’s useful but it doesn’t tell the story as comprehensively.  People need to understand that.  Lindholm is a perfect example.  You just have to watch him.  Your eyes are not lying when you watch him get fuc*king owned over and over and over again. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

DAng.  A second round pick for Brian Boyle, who's a UFA after this season.  Hopefully Murray can get a first for Silfverberg.  But like usual, he'll probably wait too long.

I think it'll be tough because I don't think the Kings are going to be able to get a 1st for Toffoli, who still has a year left on his deal.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

DAng.  A second round pick for Brian Boyle, who's a UFA after this season.  Hopefully Murray can get a first for Silfverberg.  But like usual, he'll probably wait too long.

I have a terrible feeling that he’s still going to try and re sign him.  It’s not that keeping Silfverberg is bad.  It’s that doing so represents Bob Murray not grasping the situation the Ducks are in. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I have a terrible feeling that he’s still going to try and re sign him.  It’s not that keeping Silfverberg is bad.  It’s that doing so represents Bob Murray not grasping the situation the Ducks are in. 

That's about right.  But Silfverberg is not worth any more than he's making right now.  So if he signs for higher, then Murray is even more clueless.

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Do something?

Like get busy getting this team to win a few games?

Why?

We haven't had a top 5 pick since Bobby Ryan.Why would anyone wake Bob up now and tell him to try and blow it?

We're in 5th place (maybe 2nd/3rd if you consider games in hand).  Gibson is hurt. Let's take this seriously and lose.

36 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Do something?

Like get busy getting this team to win a few games?

Why?

We haven't had a top 5 pick since Bobby Ryan.Why would anyone wake Bob up now and tell him to try and blow it?

We're in 5th place (maybe 2nd/3rd if you consider games in hand).  Gibson is hurt. Let's take this seriously and lose.

Trades.  We really need to up our draft and young prospect pool.  And shed salary.

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

It isn't ever going to happen Bob. Just release the guy and let him go home.

Oh, and "beginning of the end"? No. That was last season.

It's too bad too.  He was so damn good on the top line.  

In anycase.  He's probably going to be LTIRetired as UTH likes to say.  I think we have to pay him anyways.  So this way, we get the cap space.