• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

4 hours ago, nate said:

This team is so awful, their fundamentals are completely lacking.

I am not at all surprised either, you have a dinosaur in charge trying to lead a team to play in a system he has no idea about.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Randy gave the new system the preseason and the first few games in. When he saw all the mistakes and his lack of control over the system, he pulled back to his comfort zone. I don't think he's going to be able to change to a faster moving game.

And Getzlaf, I think he pretty much kills the new style of play also.

Too bad. Because with all the mistakes, it was still working. We we're winning.

Even pond hockey works better for this team than slow, methodical death.

Larrson is the new Theodore. I don't know where he is going to end up (Seattle?), But he's probably toast as long as Randy is around.

And for Ritchie, they were commenting about how he looks better, skates better and is willing to go to the front of the net. The problem is he doesn't have the mental or talent ability to do much when he's there.

Prior to the game they had their light the lamp picks. After the pick someone (I think it was Kent French) said something about no one picking Ritchie.  I just laughed. I hope he was being somewhat sarcastic. 

How much better off would we be with Pat Maroon for three years than Ritchie?

Edited by deepdrive
A wise thought passed my way.

All they’re doing is dump and chase but....faster!  That’s why they F*ck up constantly turning the puck over and are terrible at connecting passes.  That’s why the possession stats are horrible.  Also why the possession eye test is horrible.  They are horrible at it.  Have to control the puck sometimes to win games.  

Carlyle is incapable if coaching a scheme that is competitive in the league now. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

17 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Just take the million dollars from one dumpster dive and add it to the $5M Silferberg thinks he should get each year.

You can get a pretty decent scorer for $6M.

Add Ritchie at $1.5 million.  And you can come close to meeting Nylanders asking price.  Probably Stone's too.

9 hours ago, Pujols4MVP said:

I'd take Nylander, isn't he a better skater than Stone ? Either team is a fit because they have decent trade history with the Ducks.

Nylander would be a good center replacement after the Getzlaf days.  The big gamble with Nylander is that he is still young.  Don't know if he is going to progress, regress or stay the same.  Stone would fit perfectly, since he is a two way player, and give scoring punch on the Kesler line.