• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

3 pictures of the blister Ohtani has been dealing with

KevinJ14

Just now, laagamer said:

So, are we officially blaming the blister or what's happening?

I only got to watch the 1st inning but he looked horrendous. I think I saw at least 4 wild(ish) pitches. 

He couldn't throw his splitter anywhere near the plate.

Actually wow, a few there. Didn’t see the other pic. I just saw the one on his palm. Either way, you can see it having an adverse effect on certain pitches.

Anyway, he threw a ton of pitches in the first but got out of the inning with one run and limited damage. Second inning he found his command a little bit but was still having issues. Boston did have a few weak contact hits in all fairness as well. Plus a sac fly to make it 3-0.

My point is he wasn’t quite himself but wasn’t horrible even with blister issues. The pen was a different story. Also Boston is obviously a good offense and red hot right now plus they looked a little extra jacked up to face Shohei for the first time. Anyway, he’ll be fine. I just hope we can scrape a few wins together to get the series against these bums.

Isn't there a way to fix these things? Why do they only occur sometimes? Is it like eczema in which there are flare-ups? I guess I'm skeptical about these things since it generally comes when  a pitcher isn't doing well and then blisters are blamed. Scioscia said he didn't mention anything about them during warmups. It often seems like an excuse.

42 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Isn't there a way to fix these things? Why do they only occur sometimes? Is it like eczema in which there are flare-ups? I guess I'm skeptical about these things since it generally comes when  a pitcher isn't doing well and then blisters are blamed. Scioscia said he didn't mention anything about them during warmups. It often seems like an excuse.

No.  They were talking about him having blister problems last week saying he's had them since spring training.

39 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Was the umpire bad?

At the game it seemed like every time I looked up a pitch after people booed, after Mang got kicked out... the call was correct... especially when the Angels were batting

It was frustrating because a few of the pitches that weren't called strikes on Ohtani were called for Price.  With that said, the umpire didn't cause Ohtani's pitches to be all over the place.  It is what it is, a bad outing and we're all hoping that this was largely due to the blisters on his index finger rather than inconsistency.  Tonight's game can't come fast enough!