• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday 4/6/18 A's @ Angels

7 minutes ago, ArturoMoreno said:

I get what you're saying, but the whole "smoke and mirrors" analogy is a little aggressive on a dude who really had one bad start in over a year-- I mean you literally just compared this start to Weaver's 2016 season. Way, way too early to start pulling correlations from all his previous data..

It's not aggressive and it's not too early.   It's unpleasant to see or even for me to say but, he's pitching to what his history projects him to do.

Parker Bridwell has been pitching as a professional baseball player since 2010 -- there is a lot of statistical information on him, a lot to base future performance on.  I'd be a lot less willing to say what I have had we seen a big bump in all that predictive data last year but we didn't.   That's not to say tonight's effort is his real level of talent but...  a 5.00 ERA is a pretty real expectation.  The lone thing about Bridwells MLB career that gives a sliver of hope is that his HR/9 rate at the highest level is nearly twice his minor league rate -- but in the era of launch angle, it's hard to know if the previous data means anything.

Not trying to be excessively harsh Arte, I'm rarely completely down on a guy and would gladly love for him to continue to fake his way through things, but it's not something I'd bet on. 

Hopefully Parker does better next time out.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's not aggressive and it's not too early.   It's unpleasant to see or even for me to say but, he's pitching to what his history projects him to do.

Parker Bridwell has been pitching as a professional baseball player since 2010 -- there is a lot of statistical information on him, a lot to base future performance on.  I'd be a lot less willing to say what I have had we seen a big bump in all that predictive data last year but we didn't.   That's not to say tonight's effort is his real level of talent but...  a 5.00 ERA is a pretty real expectation.  The lone thing about Bridwells MLB career that gives a sliver of hope is that his HR/9 rate at the highest level is nearly twice his minor league rate -- but in the era of launch angle, it's hard to know if the previous data means anything.

Not trying to be excessively harsh Arte, I'm rarely completely down on a guy and would gladly love for him to continue to fake his way through things, but it's not something I'd bet on. 

even though I agree with you that Bridwell's pheripherals and past performance indicate last year will never happen again, the fact of the matter is that Parker did have a good year for us last year. The idea that he wouldn't get a start or first crack once someone hit the DL is incredibly arrogant. The same mindset of Ohtani is a bust after 3 ST innings, after 3 games in the ML - "I knew he was going to do this all along!".

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He only really sucks ass vs Oakland