• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

6 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Nationals traded away Murphy and Adams

They are some 6.5 games in back of the 2nd WC, and 7 games out in the division, with just some 35 games to play.    Gonzalez (4.50 ERA) has flopped this season.   Their bullpen is a mess.  Harper hasn't been himself.   etc. etc. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Doesnt really have the build of a big HR hitter............but neither does Mookie Betts, I guess.

A's are third in MLB in doubles and fourth in HRs. Actually tied with the Angels in HRs.

In fact, it's surprising how close the A's and Angels are in many categories. A's/Angels virtually the same in runs scored, average, OPS, HRs. About the same in RISP. Angels only  about 0.25 higher in ERA. Starter and reliever ERAs very close. Angels are a much better fielding team than the A's. 

The one stat I can find a big difference is in the number of saves in save opportunities to end the game. A's are 37 of 48. The Angels are 24 of 45. That may be the difference, right there.

A'th and M's pens >>>>>>>>>>>> Halos pen.

But part of that is due to the Halos rotation health woes and innings limits = bullpen overworked.

Hoping that next season, Ohtani is still healthy and pitching, Skaggs can stay healthy, Heaney and Barria build on this season, and Tropeano/Canning/Suarez/Pena can pitch enough collective rotation innings to prevent bullpen overwork again. 

Also hoping that in turn Jerez, Buttrey, Rhoades, and Stevens can continue development and join Parker, Anderson, Alvarez, Robles, and a FA signee in building a solid enough pen.

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Murphy to the Cubs is big. They got better for sure.

Their offense has fizzled lately.  Murphy loves Wrigley. But he has to play a position in the NL.

Kinda surprised by this acquisition, by the Cubs. Seems like a real logjam when Bryant gets back. But I am sure Theo and Joe have a plan. Maybe Russell sits more, Baez moves back to short and the sensation Bote is sent back down. Tough break for Bote, if so;  he has 1.3 war in 109 PA. Good slash line. Zobrist is done playing the infield this year, I guess.

2 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Their offense has fizzled lately.  Murphy loves Wrigley. But he has to play a position in the NL.

Kinda surprised by this acquisition, by the Cubs. Seems like a real logjam when Bryant gets back. But I am sure Theo and Joe have a plan. Maybe Russell sits more, Baez moves back to short and the sensation Bote is sent back down. Tough break for Bote, if so;  he has 1.3 war in 109 PA. Good slash line. Zobrist is done playing the infield this year, I guess.

Left handed bat for the stretch run and playoffs.

.413 lifetime at Wrigley.

1 hour ago, Dick B Back said:

Altuve due back Tuesday and he’s the heart and soul of the Stros. They’ll get back on track.

With Springer also coming back, they now only have McCullers on the DL amongst their key players.    A big run should be coming real soon to distance themselves from the A'th and M's.  

2 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Left handed bat for the stretch run and playoffs.

.413 lifetime at Wrigley.

Yeah, that's the well-documented, obvious reason.

But he still has to play the field. Gigantic liability. Who can forget the WS against the Royals?

His ABs will come at the expense of Zobrist, I guess, because he hits from the left side, too, against righties. The Cubs already had a LH bat at second, who has had a decent year.

Still, Murphy is probably the best hitting second baseman of the last five years in baseball. Who comes close? Probably not even Cano. And he tears up Wrigley.

58 minutes ago, Lou said:

Machado with the dodgers :

.267 BA

.358/.433/.791

137 PA

4  HR

11 RBI

This is what happens when you leave the AL East 

Many more bandboxes in the AL East (zero pitching friendly stadiums), vs the pitching strong parks in S.F., L.A., and S.D.   His OBP with the Dogs is solid, although having only 11 rbis is a big shock.

41 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Bryant probably stays on the DL for another week or 2, by then rosters expand and Bote will stay up. Even if he's sent down it will just be a matter of days. 

7 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Murphy needs to get to the Cubs soon. Lost tonight 2-1 and that makes 5 games in a row they have scored 1 run.

Shut up @Lou.

At least they managed to win 2 of the 5.

they're going to need more covers for the balls 

27 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Just scuffling through some bad luck. Balls have been coming off the bats really well. Just need to turn the page. Help is on the way.

just wait. Cubs ownership won't tolerate it much longer and will hold Maddon responsible. as a result, Maddon will fire his hitting coach 

again.

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Jose Ramirez just manufactured a run in BOS with a walk, his 28th steal, moved to third on a groundout and scored on a sac fly. Barring injury, he's a lock for a 30-30 season and 40-40 is possible. Great player.

5-0 Indians over the suddenly faltering Red Sox. Eovaldi gave up 10 hits and a walk in 5.1 innings.

Runnerup to Betts for MVP?

31 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Runnerup to Betts for MVP?

Probably. It's Betts' to lose, I guess. 

But this recent power surge by Khris Davis is something to behold. Just hit #17 since the AS break. Thirty-eight total. He now has 102 RBI. Second straight month with an OPS over 1.0. 

He wont win it but he could finish second, as well.

You gotta watch his swing,  right now. He unleashes so much power with it. Made for launch angle, all the way. When he doesnt hit a HR, he's just barely missing one. Swing kinda reminds me of Eric Davis of the Reds and Dodgers, but more of an uppercut.