• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

9 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I guess I hate, haters.

These are just ballclubs. Made up of lots of young men, trying their damndest to be good.

I hate war, but I dont hate the soldiers of any country.

Just like the Astros, M's, Rangers, Red Sox, Yankees, A's, etc are made up of lots of young men, trying their damndest to be good.

And I still want to see them lose and blow saves...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that sometimes, too.

But I dont revel in their misfortune. I praise the other team for being better, for that one night. That one at bat. That one pitch.

Baseball is a beautiful thing. I cant imagine hating any baseball club.

I dislike the methods and the fans of the Red Sox. But I admire the team they have built, and will root against them all the way through the players. Actually, I guess I will root FOR the teams playing against them.

But when Benitendi or Betts gets a big, clutch hit, I will nod my head in admiration. Nice job, kid! Wish you were an Angel, kid.

5 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I wish that sometimes, too.

But I dont revel in their misfortune. I praise the other team for being better, for that one night. That one at bat. That one pitch.

Baseball is a beautiful thing. I cant imagine hating any baseball club.

I dislike the methods and the fans of the Red Sox. But I admire the team they have built, and will root against them all the way through the players. Actually, I guess I will root FOR the teams playing against them.

But when Benitendi or Betts gets a big, clutch hit, I will nod my head in admiration. Nice job, kid! Wish you were an Angel, kid.

Sure, there's that...but I also enjoy seeing Red Sox lose.  Both things can happen.  I can admire the players on the Red Sox for their skill and hope they lose overall as a team.  Seeing them lose makes me smile...gives me a little skip to my step.  

34 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I guess I hate, haters.

These are just ballclubs. Made up of lots of young men, trying their damndest to be good.

I hate war, but I dont hate the soldiers of any country.

For me I never really hated the players on the Dodgers. My joy when they lose stems from their fanbase.

I cant believe how cheap tix are on Stub Hub for the A's-Astros series. I got seats between homeplate and the close edge of the dugouts for 30 and 49 dollars each. In one case 17 rows back from the field and the other, 25 rows.

I hope they NEVER build a new stadium. These prices are incredible!! Virtually walk up, for an important series.

Now, to find an official Angels bulletproof vest.................can I pack heat into the stadium?

Any tips on food and beverage from the Bay Area Angel fans. I eat anything, including sushi, hot dogs, hot mexican food. Do they have those grasshoppers here?

13 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Chris Sale's 13.50 K/9 IP is currently the highest in major league history among all qualifying pitchers. Here are the top 5:

1. Sale, 2018 13.50

2. R Johnson, 2001, 13.41

3. P Martinez, 1999, 13.20

4. Sale, 2017, 12.93

5. K Wood, 1998, 12.58

Not to take anything away from how amazing Sale is but it probably helps that 3 of the top 10 strikeout leaders are in his division.

Davis and Stanton have probably logged 20 K's each against Sale.

6 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Haters gonna hate. I guess you gotta hate something, huh?.

Why not hate where the Angels  are in the standings, instead?  I hate that Mike Trout misses yet another season to possibly win a single playoff game in an Angel uni. Only two more left.

Seems to me that baseball teams in Los Angeles have BOTH had this bullpen malady this year. Just not at the same times.

What else you hate? Girl Scout cookies? Synthetic fabric? Nose hairs? 

Makes about as much sense as hating ANY baseball club..................

This message brought to you by 

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I cant believe how cheap tix are on Stub Hub for the A's-Astros series. I got seats between homeplate and the close edge of the dugouts for 30 and 49 dollars each. In one case 17 rows back from the field and the other, 25 rows.

I hope they NEVER build a new stadium. These prices are incredible!! Virtually walk up, for an important series.

Now, to find an official Angels bulletproof vest.................can I pack heat into the stadium?

Any tips on food and beverage from the Bay Area Angel fans. I eat anything, including sushi, hot dogs, hot mexican food. Do they have those grasshoppers here?

It would have been better if they left the stadium alone entirely! Sure you can walk up..but getting out is a bit harder. The way it's constructed is just awful.

You should be fine at an A's game..now a Raider game..I can't promise anything!

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/trying-out-some-of-the-as-new-coliseum-food/c-270751914

I seem to remember that the "tunnels" to the seats from the concourse were few and far between, on most levels. I guess that's what you mean by getting out is harder? I remember walking these fairly long sections of the concourse and you couldnt see the field and there were no TV monitors to watch, either. But that was about eight years ago.

I will be shuttling in from my hotel. I wont be parking, so that should be a breeze..

Somehow, grasshoppers seem more appealing than crickets. But I'll try them if they are reasonably priced. Those enchilada-style potato skins look REALLY good.

What about Bay Area brews? Anything good? Not Lagunitas, ferchrissakes. I can get that any time.

Is there sushi? Sapphoro?

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Chris Sale's 13.50 K/9 IP is currently the highest in major league history among all qualifying pitchers. Here are the top 5:

1. Sale, 2018 13.50

2. R Johnson, 2001, 13.41

3. P Martinez, 1999, 13.20

4. Sale, 2017, 12.93

5. K Wood, 1998, 12.58

seems odd that Ryan isn't on that list.

1 hour ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Drakes Brewery and 21st Amendment is just south of the stadium, west of the 880. Good stuff at either of those locations. ?

Thanks for that. 

Strad, there's an In N Out within walking distance of my hotel in Oakland! That may be my lonely birthday dinner this Sunday.

It is safe to walk in Oakland, right?

5 hours ago, Tank said:

seems odd that Ryan isn't on that list.

Take a look at the k/9 rate of some of the best starters from the 60s and 70s. Guys like Carlton, Seaver, Drysdale, Sutton and Ryan, etc. You will be shocked how low they are compared to today's pitchers. Jim Palmer had a career ERA+ of 125 despite a career k/9 of 5.0

13 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I do still have a long sleeve Tee from 2002, that says Anaheim Angels on it. 

No chance I can fit in it, 16 years later...........

I have a Tim Salmon one in white with red sleeves. It was the promotional giveaway. Good times.