• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

If the Angels gave Upton an opt out you’d rail on them for doing it.   

Actually no. If that player opts out its usually because he produced and feels they can get even more money. They more often then not shit the bed after that anyway. Good riddance!

Just now, OHTANILAND said:

It’s a good safeguard. I like it. 

He has to be on the  DL for 60 games or more or 120 games combined in 2020 and 2021.   On what planet would a guy having missed that many games be in a good position to find a better deal?   Please -- enlighten me - in what way does this safeguard the Red Sox? 

The only possible way this works in their favor is if he hits .400 for two months in 2020 and then misses he rest of the year.   And this is only true if he didn't already opt out after 2019 when he will be the same age as Lorenzo Cain was this year ... when he got a 5 year deal.

Just now, OHTANILAND said:

Actually no. If that player opts out its usually because he produced and feels they can get even more money. They more often then not shit the bed after that anyway. Good riddance!

So, that whole time when you were guaranteeing that Upton would opt out and test FA it's because you secretly believed he had a good year despite your ragging on him?   And if you believe he will continue to perform at his current pace -- why wouldn't Martinez opt out after next season?  

Your very reasoning betrays your argument.  It's laughable.

2 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Sorry but you are absolutely full of it.   You complain that a player like Trout has all the power, you’d lose your shit if Upton has an opt out.   

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So, that whole time when you were guaranteeing that Upton would opt out and test FA it's because you secretly believed he had a good year despite your ragging on him?   And if you believe he will continue to perform at his current pace -- why wouldn't Martinez opt out after next season?  

Your very reasoning betrays your argument.  It's laughable.

I said that if Upton opted out that Arte should just let him go and leave it at that. I still can’t believe they gave him another season because they didn’t need to when he already had a terrific deal in his pocket. The first couple of seasons will be ok but not spectacular. You still don’t mention how well JD is doing in Boston. 

2 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

It’s a good safeguard. I like it. The Angels have ZERO safeguards in place for Upton’s deal. Upton’s full no trade can block TWENTY-NINE teams. You never really addressed the difference in production but that’s ok. 

When did you ask me to address the difference in production?   You didn't.   

You claimed the Red Sox were getting more bang for their buck in response to my pointing out he will have earned 16 million more in salary through year two of his deal at which point he can leave and get a bigger better deal.   I'm not the one with the long history of bitching out whenever someone asks them a direct question.

To date Martinez has hit better...   He's also going to make 8 million more this year, based on your belief system he has to outperform Upton in order to be worth it.

Edited by Inside Pitch

12 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

I said that if Upton opted out that Arte should just let him go and leave it at that. I still can’t believe they gave him another season because they didn’t need to when he already had a terrific deal in his pocket. The first couple of seasons will be ok but not spectacular. You still don’t mention how well JD is doing in Boston. 

You said over and over that he would opt out -- so save it.

Scroll up.  I did respond once you actually asked the question..   Stop projecting your chickenshit behavior on others.   Now go back and answer all the questions you have run away from....  

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

When did you ask me to address the difference in production?   You didn't.   

You claimed they were claimed the the Red Sox were getting more bang for their buck in response to my pointing out he will have earned 16 million more in salary through year two of his deal at which point he can leave and get a bigger better deal.   I'm not the one with the long history of bitching out whenever someone asks them a direct question.

To date Martinez has hit better...   He's also going to make 8 million more this year, based on your belief system he has to outperform Upton in order to be worth it.

Early returns show that he was a good investment for Boston. It’s the type of signing that the Red Sox and their fans are pretty happy about. 

5 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Early returns show that he was a good investment for Boston. It’s the type of signing that the Red Sox and their fans are pretty happy about. 

And Angel fans are happy with Upton and his contract, you choose not to be.  

22 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You said over and over that he would opt out -- so save it.

Scroll up.  I did respond once you actually asked the question..   Stop projection your chickenshit behavior on others.   Now go back and answer all the questions you have run away from....  

F9C1251A-6674-49FA-B4F3-AF4BA01A68D4.jpeg

24 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

And Angel fans are happy with Upton and his contract, you choose not to be.  

I remember mentioning Lorenzo Cain as a better option if Upton opted out. Yes he’s 32 years old but he’s producing better than Upton. And he was cheaper and has half of the baseball miles on his body. 

6D6D40C4-EA9B-4FB4-A325-FDA4909F1127.jpeg

8538D3D6-5AB8-4A3E-A9E4-FD20AFB6F1A8.jpeg

I was listening to mlbnetwork radio this morning and they were talking about the D-Backs and their .217 team batting average!  Wow.  League average is only about .243 - so BA's are down over all, but the D-Backs have been doing it with their pitching (they just fell out of first place).  That team batting average is pathetic!

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I was listening to mlbnetwork radio this morning and they were talking about the D-Backs and their .217 team batting average!  Wow.  League average is only about .243 - so BA's are down over all, but the D-Backs have been doing it with their pitching (they just fell out of first place).  That team batting average is pathetic!

Hard for me to believe the Humidor has that big of an effect, but.... I dunno.  AJ Pollock went down, and he was providing a decent bat before then. But what the heck happened to Goldschmidt?  

Goldschmidt's road splits haven't been very good either... but you have to wonder about the humidor for sure.  It's amazing that team is three games above .500

41 minutes ago, True Grich said:

You guys can hate on Dipoto as much as you want, but he surely fleeced the Diamondbacks on the Haniger/Segura for Walker/Marte trade.