• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

45 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I think we can all agree MAitan looks better across the first few games this year than he did at any time last year.  Nice, fluid swing, good bat speed. 

I've watched most of his at bats.  He's looked way better than any of the spring reports on him.  hitting balls back up the middle and the other way.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I've watched most of his at bats.  He's looked way better than any of the spring reports on him.  hitting balls back up the middle and the other way.  

Yeah. Physically he's in decent enough shape. He doesn't seem to have any problems at SS though with that body type he's a lock to move to 3B. He's going deep in counts, using the whole field. 

The single up the middle from the video above made his swing look like a relaxed bullpen session where he drives the ball back up the box. That's with two strikes. 

Hopefully we'll see some of that power begin to manifest this year, but if not, not an issue. He'll grow into it in the next five years.

5 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Yeah. Physically he's in decent enough shape. He doesn't seem to have any problems at SS though with that body type he's a lock to move to 3B. He's going deep in counts, using the whole field. 

The single up the middle from the video above made his swing look like a relaxed bullpen session where he drives the ball back up the box. That's with two strikes. 

Hopefully we'll see some of that power begin to manifest this year, but if not, not an issue. He'll grow into it in the next five years.

I thought the same thing when I watched his atbat.  He looked really relaxed and drove the ball up the middle with two strikes.  When I clicked on the video I thought his swing would look like a mess based on the reports Ive read.

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Body doesn't look anywhere as bad as it did in recent pics.... Makes you wonder when those pics were taken or if he was just wearing his uni a bit sloppy during instructs.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Body doesn't look anywhere as bad as it did in recent pics.... Makes you wonder when those pics were taken or if he was just wearing his uni a bit sloppy during instructs.

Maybe he just came to camp a little overweight and was able to burn it off in extended ST also

i have a hard time being too tough on these kids when they’re 18. You never know when it’s going to click for some of them. Not all of them are Mike Trout with MLB makeup at 17

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

You mean like Pujols sloppy, oversized uniform. :)

If I had to guess, it was just Longenhagen snapping pictures at unfortunate angles and showing video of every bad thing Maitan has done at the plate.

He made up his mind about Maitan as a prospect and has created a narrative where he's right.

Imagine for a moment Mike Trout's numbers weren't easily accessible and none of his games were televised. The only videos you ever watched on him were from a guy that doesn't like Trout, videos where he's chasing outside the zone or swinging under a high fastball.

They'd tell you Mike Trout had no pitch recognition, couldn't catch up with a decent fastball and was too thick to play CF. 

Longenhagen has a ton of power and influence writing for a major blog and having access to these guys. He essentially tells the public what they should think.

He's not a scout and never was. Before last year, FG's prospect lists were an absolute joke. They've since improved a ton though.

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

It's hilarious that we have kids doing this in AAA while our major league team rolls out Valbuena and Pujols every night at positions that are supposed to be the most offensively productive.

In all fairness they are doing it against AAA pitching.  Blash dominates AAA and swings through everything at the major league level.  Hermosillo wasn’t any better.  Now Thiass has a better more compact swing than either of those guys, and I am really looking forward to seeing him get the call soon.