• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

The AAA offense this year definitely is. JMF, Fletcher, Thaiss and Ward are all better than their major league counterparts.

normally this would be a 'prospect overrating' type post but I agree.  If money, politics and seniority weren't an issue, Valbuena, Pujols, Cozart and maybe Kinsler would have trouble keeping their jobs.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Leon Rivas avg down to .229.  

I don't care what he bats, I just want to see a Leon on the major league roster.

Is Wagner our only Leon? 

How he didn't win an Oscar for his role as Fat Sam in The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings is beyond me.

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Adell is the best prospect from last year's draft, Marsh and Jones went deep and Baldoquin is hitting over .300....

Brendan McKay and Keston Hiura are up there as well. Hiura was the guy I was hoping for, although I'm not at all disappointed with Adell.

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Brendan McKay and Keston Hiura are up there as well. Hiura was the guy I was hoping for, although I'm not at all disappointed with Adell.

McKay is up there as a pitcher. As a hitter, let's just say I don't think he makes it as a two-way player. And Hiura is an advanced bat.

Neither appear to have Adell's potential or as many tools in their belt.

I think if they redrafted today, Adell  should probably go 1-1, at least that's who I would've picked. Canning likely would've gone top 10-15. 

4 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Jesus Castillo pitched just 3 innings today (36 pitches). Since he is already on 40-man roster (last man standing), is he being called up for Tues start?

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2018_06_17_mobaax_penaax_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

He's a lot better than the numbers in AA right now.

Looks to me like they're doing some research at the minor league level.  Roster flexibility is important for all teams, but uniquely important to the Angels because of Shohei Ohtani and the affects he has on a roster.  I think they're taking some guys that otherwise would not make it to the major leagues and experimenting with them in roles that could give the Angels a ton of freedom. 

Picture Bo Way, operating as the 4th OF, which is frequently pinch runner and pinch bunter duties.  There are OF's that are better than him that could take this role.  But while serving as your 4th OF, he's also a reliever, giving you additional depth on the mound as well. 

Walsh would be that power bat off the bench, but also reliever. 

I mean why not?