• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

I see our 2020 opening day infield being Thaiss, Rengifo, Simmons, and Ward, with Fletcher as UT and Cozart traded.

Our outfield will be Upton, Trout, and Adell, with Marsh on the cusp and Hermosillo the 4th outfielder.

Ohtani will be the primary DH, with Pujols part-time DH and coming off the bench (if we must).

Rotation will be Ohtani, Canning, Skaggs, Heaney, Barria, and Suarez.

Bullpen...whothafuk knows.

27 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

Seems like Jahmai Jones is the forgotten man of our top prospects 

Jam has been kinda trading water so far.  But there's some sneaky goodness going on with him.  First off is that he's already playing a capable 2b.  So that's distracting right there.  

then, he's rocking a 12.7% bb rate.  which is way higher than in any of his previous seasons.  I think this is purposeful for him and it's probably resulting in him not swinging at some hittable pitches.  But he's evolving and eventually he'll work his way through that and be better for it.  

finally, he's just gotten unlucky so far. his babip is .287.  

I keep waiting for him to take off and it hasn't happened as of yet, but I think he will.  

57 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Jam has been kinda trading water so far.  But there's some sneaky goodness going on with him.  First off is that he's already playing a capable 2b.  So that's distracting right there.  

then, he's rocking a 12.7% bb rate.  which is way higher than in any of his previous seasons.  I think this is purposeful for him and it's probably resulting in him not swinging at some hittable pitches.  But he's evolving and eventually he'll work his way through that and be better for it.  

finally, he's just gotten unlucky so far. his babip is .287.  

I keep waiting for him to take off and it hasn't happened as of yet, but I think he will.  

Yeah, I agree. The surface numbers are disappointing and we’ve yet to see him totally dominate at any level, but it’s almost like there’s subtle development that is going on below the surface; at some point that is going to translate...and it might not be until he reaches the majors. 

I ultimately see him as .290/.800 with 15+ HR and 30 SB...with average defense that’s 3-4 WAR, or 4-5 with excellent defense.

Owlz game on milb.tv

OMart (yeah I did that) watched strikes one and two right down the middle and the on a good curve he lined a ball to the RF corner but got thrown out trying to stretch to a triple.  He's got very good speed.  OFer made a good throw.  

Owlz got an unearned run on an error putting soto on.  soto to 3rd on a Maitan ground out and scores on a comebacker by nonie.  

Soto error at 2b on his on the first play for the owlz.  

12 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Owlz game on milb.tv

OMart (yeah I did that) watched strikes one and two right down the middle and the on a good curve he lined a ball to the RF corner but got thrown out trying to stretch to a triple.  He's got very good speed.  OFer made a good throw.  

Owlz got an unearned run on an error putting soto on.  soto to 3rd on a Maitan ground out and scores on a comebacker by nonie.  

Just one AB but a good swing.

42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Owlz game on milb.tv

How does Maitain's swing look?

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Owlz game on milb.tv

How does maitan look at short? I thought he'd be at 3rd by the way he looks. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

@Dochalo get your ass out here and see these guys in person. You have really no excuse, it's not like they play in Arkansas. $16 puts you front row with a perfect view of the game. 

I know.  Gotta do it.  Been talking about it and i've yet to make it happen.  brutal traffic going that way for me though.  maybe we'll do a sat/sun.  

I watched a bit of Orem tonight.  Missed the middle.  

Saw Swanda vs the first batter and he looked good.  Apparently he had a full meltdown after that which I didn't see.  

Maitan's swing looks ok.  He looks like a SS.  Made some good plays.  Also an error.  Orem had 5 errors total.  Maitan also walked.  In the ab's I saw, he looked like he knew what he was doing.  OMart looks good with the bat.  Nonie looked ok at the plate.  Good discipline that I saw and a hard liner back up the middle for his hit.  

Zach Kelly pitched 4 innings with 6k and 2h.  Pitched a couple innings in Burlington so far and had a 3.77era for AZL last year with 23k in 28.2ip.  UDFA last year for the A's.  

Soto looks like a boy.  Made two errors.  got a hit though.  

Owlz left 11 on base and were 1/14 with RISP.  hmmmm.  

Minor league umpires can really suck. Adell hits a screamer to short that starts a double play but the second baseman never gloves the ball, it bounced right off the heel, there was no transfer. But the infield ump calls the runner out. Meanwhile dickless behind the plate doesn't overrule. 

Adell on first one out, bottom 8 no score. 

Well that was ugly. Marsh struck out on off speed junk. Two outs and the catcher let's the ball get by him. Adell starts towards second then puts on the brakes and just stares at the catcher like a deer in the headlights waiting for the throw to first. He's only five steps away but just stands there until the first baseman starts the rundown. He could have easily made it back to the bag but froze up. 

I guess he still needs some work on his game.