• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This got missed last night, but Kruger has caught the eye of BA. .287/.374/.378 .752 OPS, 3 HR and 11 SB. 

2 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Don't know anything about this guy but seems a bit old (23) for A+ ball.  Any info on him?

most catchers with any semblance of a bat move slow.  2016 draft pick and he was already 22 when he signed.  

Watched him a couple times this years.  Seems to have a solid idea of what to do with the bat.  kind of reminds me of taylor ward in that way tbh.  looks good behind the plate as far as i can tell.   

7 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Athletic, good power in his bat, good plate discipline and well liked in the clubhouse.

Any feedback on his skills as a catcher - pitch-calling, framing, arm, accuracy?  It would be nice to have a catching prospect in pipe now that Ward has moved over to 3B.

15 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

The difference between the DSL and AZL on the field isn't that big. It's more off the field.

I don't know if that's true. I would consider DSL a full step below AZL, which is a half a step below Orem, which is a full step below A ball. Just look at the average player ages from last year:

DSL: 18.2

AZL: 20.6

"High Rookie" (Orem): 20.8

A: 21.9

A+: 22.6

AA: 24.0

AAA: 26.1

I think the main difference beween DSL and AZL is that while DSL is almost entirely teenagers, AZL has a bunch of college draftees in the mix, moreso at Orem.

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

does that mean Ward is coming up?  

Very well could be. 

Fletcher to SS, Ward to 3B, Cozart to DL (possibly), DFA Valbuena (hopeful). I'm also guessing the Angels try someone new in RF over Blash and Drake is a goner. 

Should be a lot of moves announced either today or tomorrow. Richards will probably go on the DL as well. 

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I don't know if that's true. I would consider DSL a full step below AZL, which is a half a step below Orem, which is a full step below A ball. Just look at the average player ages from last year:

DSL: 18.2

AZL: 20.6

"High Rookie" (Orem): 20.8

A: 21.9

A+: 22.6

AA: 24.0

AAA: 26.1

I think the main difference beween DSL and AZL is that while DSL is almost entirely teenagers, AZL has a bunch of college draftees in the mix, moreso at Orem.

No college guys go to the DSL to play, in fact very few go to the AZL really unless they are late rounders and the Pioneer/Appy league rosters are full.

On the whole, the AZL has a bunch of talented teens. One the whole, the DSL has a bunch of talented teens. The main difference, the AZL has teens from the U.S. and Latin America, the DSL and VSL are strictly Latin America. 

Neither league has higher upside players than another. The main difference is the AZL has more of them. 

But a ton of Latin American struggle in the AZL, not because of a lack of talent. Mostly it's off the field, being in their own apartment for the first time, in a different country, different culture, having money and expectations.

Its the off the field stuff.

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I was just thinking about how thin we are at CF org wide all the way to the majors.  

lol. The good news is, you can never have too many talented CF's. 

Very good trade bait when you have a prospect C, CF or SS that can hit, and play gold glove defense. 

Nonie has a ton of athleticism. Let's see if he can hit now in his second go around. 

2 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Athletic, good power in his bat, good plate discipline and well liked in the clubhouse.

With the SB's, a little Craig Biggio in him?   Biggio started off as a catcher for his first 3-4 MLB seasons, before moving to 2B.   Kruger is similar build to Biggio.