• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Raider Uceta went 4-5 with 3 doubles.  Huge power, and he signed for as much as D'Shawn Knowles and Livan Soto did.  Ironic that they're included int he top 30 but he isn't.  Still HUGE frame and HUGE power for a 16 year old.  No way he remains in the OF but if he hits as much as I think he will, that may not matter so much. 

Prediction: Raider Uceta is a Top 30 AW Prospect this winter. 

https://business.facebook.com/177433228973937/videos/1185283801522203/

he's huuuuuuuge!

Last 10 games: 
Jo Adell's hitting .311 (but 1 walk to 16 strikeouts)
Brandon Marsh .237 (with 7 walks to 14 strikeouts)
Jahmai Jones .300 (6 walks to 5 strikeouts)

It'll be really fun when these three start to click together. I feel like it's just around the corner.

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

If your heart isn't in that and you don't have that commitment level in you, then move on to another position.  Doesn't make him or anyone else lazy if they don't want to do that.  I am sure he went out and tried his best but they probably saw his lack of enthusiasm which could be translated as a lack of aptitude.  But it wasn't.  My guess is that he just didn't really like it.  

I think it takes a special breed.  Look no further than Maldonado and the story that when he heard the Angels had acquired Ohtani he asked for all the scouting/game video they had on hand in order to get more familiar with his newest pitcher.   Thats a level of dedication that isn't necessary at any other position.  In Ward's case it was the part of the game most weighing him down or so it seems.   This may also be why we are seeing the Angels target specific catchers of late.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

can you do a little DSL primer?  I would, but I don't know jack about those guys.  

Not really enough info for a primer, but here's the basic gist.

Jose Reyes - 6'2" 180 lbs. Very smooth lefty swing and can hit to all fields. Corner outfielder, very smart, intuitive player. Does not project to have much power.

Rainier Rivas - 6'3" 215 lbs. Just a beast at age 16/17. Plus power to all fields and a plus arm. Very raw hitter. Puts on a show during BP which is ultimately what led to the Angels signing him, though for less money than they'd hoped.

Raider Uceta - 6'0" 220 lbs. Also a beastly teenager. Plus power, natural lift, but will sell out his power for base hits a la CJ Cron at times. Does not need to swing hard to deposit balls over the wall. Slow footed, average arm at best. Future 1B.

As far as the stateside guys go....

Trent Deveaux - You guys know as much as I do probably. 70-80 grade speed. Loose swing, good bat speed, exceptional athlete. Definitely a CF thoughhis routes and first step could use some work. Projects to have some power down the road. Highly intelligent young man that speaks several languages a la Andrelton Simmons. Natural leader with high expectations.

D'Shawn Knowles - Very good defensive CF with excellent contact and plate discipline. Luis Valbuena type of clubhouse character that everyone likes. Flashy personality but humble and selfless.

Orlando Martinez- 20 years old from Cuba. In one scout's opinion, the best teenage hitter to come out of Cuba in years, and that includes Luis Robert. Short, small in stature and not projectable, but great contact, great plate discipline, decent speed. A comp would actually be like a young JMF but not as much pop.

6 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Not really enough info for a primer, but here's the basic gist.

Jose Reyes - 6'2" 180 lbs. Very smooth lefty swing and can hit to all fields. Corner outfielder, very smart, intuitive player. Does not project to have much power.

Rainier Rivas - 6'3" 215 lbs. Just a beast at age 16/17. Plus power to all fields and a plus arm. Very raw hitter. Puts on a show during BP which is ultimately what led to the Angels signing him, though for less money than they'd hoped.

Raider Uceta - 6'0" 220 lbs. Also a beastly teenager. Plus power, natural lift, but will sell out his power for base hits a la CJ Cron at times. Does not need to swing hard to deposit balls over the wall. Slow footed, average arm at best. Future 1B.

As far as the stateside guys go....

Trent Deveaux - You guys know as much as I do probably. 70-80 grade speed. Loose swing, good bat speed, exceptional athlete. Definitely a CF thoughhis routes and first step could use some work. Projects to have some power down the road. Highly intelligent young man that speaks several languages a la Andrelton Simmons. Natural leader with high expectations.

D'Shawn Knowles - Very good defensive CF with excellent contact and plate discipline. Luis Valbuena type of clubhouse character that everyone likes. Flashy personality but humble and selfless.

Orlando Martinez- 20 years old from Cuba. In one scout's opinion, the best teenage hitter to come out of Cuba in years, and that includes Luis Robert. Short, small in stature and not projectable, but great contact, great plate discipline, decent speed. A comp would actually be like a young JMF but not as much pop.

that's pretty much what I was looking for.  Thanks!

any pitchers?