• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Mobile playing a double-header today and Griffin Canning pitched the early game just now

5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K; 82 pitches, 55 strikes. ERA now sits at 2.00 in 45 IP in Double-A

Big ups to eppler for taking a chance on him in the second round when there were some questions about his shoulder coming out of college. 

He seems like he’s developing into a #2

13 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Mobile playing a double-header today and Griffin Canning pitched the early game just now

5.2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K; 88 pitches, 61 strikes. ERA now sits at 1.97 in 45.2 IP in Double-A

I feel like he's never giving up runs every time I look. 

Crazy good. Time to promote him up to AAA.

26 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Luis Rengifo just hit a 2-run HR to give Mobile a 2-0 lead through 6. His 2nd HR in Double-A and 4th of the season. Now batting .348 in 66 AB's since his promotion

This kid is starting to become my favorite prospect in the org. 

Speed, OBP & contact skills, Pop. 

I hope to God we don't trade him. We could REALLY REALLY use him at the top of our lineup. 

I'd like to see him move to 2B now so he can get reps there. We know Simmons isn't going anywhere, unless Eppler has plans of flipping him in the future for a serious haul. 

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This kid is starting to become my favorite prospect in the org. 

Speed, OBP & contact skills, Pop. 

I hope to God we don't trade him. We could REALLY REALLY use him at the top of our lineup. 

I'd like to see him move to 2B now so he can get reps there. We know Simmons isn't going anywhere, unless Eppler has plans of flipping him in the future for a serious haul. 

Heck knows the Halos can use a REAL leadoff type hitter in the leadoff spot.   They truly haven't had one since Figgins, NINE years ago.

18 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The silver lining in the midst of a frustrating season (Ohtani injury, the BP and our FA signings not panning out) is Mike Trout and following our farm system.

This thread is my most checked page on my entire forum and it's not even close. 

First thread I look at for new posts! 

I’d like them to keep Canning in double-a a bit longer.  With the lack of hits & walks he’s giving up he’s barely getting through the order 2 times!  Let’s see how he does once he’s stretched out to 100 pitches.

4 minutes ago, Pheenom07 said:

First thread I look at for new posts! 

I’d like them to keep Canning in double-a a bit longer.  With the lack of hits & walks he’s giving up he’s barely getting through the order 2 times!  Let’s see how he does once he’s stretched out to 100 pitches.

Since Salt Lake and the PCL is a pretty shitty environment for pitchers, the Angels could skip AAA altogether and go right to the big leagues. I believe Verlander, Prior and Price all did the same thing. 

24 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Since Salt Lake and the PCL is a pretty shitty environment for pitchers, the Angels could skip AAA altogether and go right to the big leagues. I believe Verlander, Prior and Price all did the same thing. 

Unless the Angels are going to have Canning pitch in the bullpen, like Chuck Finley, averaging five innings an outing is not gong to cut it.

44 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think Ervin intially skipped AAA and came straight to the bigs as well.