• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

https://www.rosterresource.com/milb-power-rankings/

They're running a prospect power rankings system - so while it isn't a true 'Top 100 Prospects' list, it's still nice to see....

Vlad Guerrero Jr., (#3), David Fletcher (#5), Jose Suarez (#17), Luis Rengifo (#50), Jabari Blash (#80), Taylor Ward (#83), Jose Miguel Fernandez (#145),  Brandon Marsh (#163), Chris Carter (#180), Adrian Almeida (#183), and Daniel Procopio (#190).

33 minutes ago, totdprods said:

https://www.rosterresource.com/milb-power-rankings/

They're running a prospect power rankings system - so while it isn't a true 'Top 100 Prospects' list, it's still nice to see....

Vlad Guerrero Jr., (#3), David Fletcher (#5), Jose Suarez (#17), Luis Rengifo (#50), Jabari Blash (#80), Taylor Ward (#83), Jose Miguel Fernandez (#145),  Brandon Marsh (#163), Chris Carter (#180), Adrian Almeida (#183), and Daniel Procopio (#190).

I hate Jerry Dipoto.  I know, its wrong, but I really do.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

John T Eshelman: #Angels Maitan swings through 3 87-88 sinkers all in the zone. If it’s not middle-middle, the length of his swing = no/soft contact (backed up since July 2017 look). Young, sure, but I don’t see major league impact in the swing or body.

Ouch.

bummer.  

24 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If Fletcher keeps this up another month or two, I think he starts to change the narrative on where he projects as a prospect and a big leaguer. What he is doing in AAA this year suggests his ceiling could be a strong everyday MLB MIF. The speed, contact, and discipline he is exhibiting, coupled with his age, suggests it's entirely possible he's turned a corner developmentally.

4 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Too soon I'd say.  He's in low-A right now.  2020 seems to be a more likely trajectory for him in terms of his first appearance, and I'd say probably in the latter half of 2020.

Typically, I would agree, and if he does appear in the bigs in any capacity next season, I imagine it'd be for a quick taste, but we're seeing a shift in the game where prospects are making the bigs younger than ever and being promoted quite aggressively to take advantage of their years of control, and Eppler has shown he's willing to promote aggressively if the play merits it and there's a need. 

If Marsh winds up in IE soon, or even simply finishes the year there and finishes strong, there's a real chance he's in AA some point early next season, and if he's producing at that level and we have any sort of hole in the outfield, it could happen, especially if he jumps up in the prospect world into a Top 50 guy.

Barria got here quick with similar circumstances, to a very slight degree, so did Justin Anderson, and Canning may find himself on the same path by end of this season too, moving quickly and helping fill a big-league need due to quick advancement. For some reason, I keep thinking Hermosillo winds up as trade bait, and that too would clear the path a bit for Marsh moving quick.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

If Fletcher keeps this up another month or two, I think he starts to change the narrative on where he projects as a prospect and a big leaguer. What he is doing in AAA this year suggests his ceiling could be a strong everyday MLB MIF. The speed, contact, and discipline he is exhibiting, coupled with his age, suggests it's entirely possible he's turned a corner developmentally.

If he can continue to produce and develop like he has this year, he could possibly be our 2B solution moving forward.  Too early to say, but definitely loving the results so far.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Typically, I would agree, and if he does appear in the bigs in any capacity next season, I imagine it'd be for a quick taste, but we're seeing a shift in the game where prospects are making the bigs younger than ever and being promoted quite aggressively to take advantage of their years of control, and Eppler has shown he's willing to promote aggressively if the play merits it and there's a need. 

If Marsh winds up in IE soon, or even simply finishes the year there and finishes strong, there's a real chance he's in AA some point early next season, and if he's producing at that level and we have any sort of hole in the outfield, it could happen, especially if he jumps up in the prospect world into a Top 50 guy.

Barria got here quick with similar circumstances, to a very slight degree, so did Justin Anderson, and Canning may find himself on the same path by end of this season too, moving quickly and helping fill a big-league need due to quick advancement. For some reason, I keep thinking Hermosillo winds up as trade bait, and that too would clear the path a bit for Marsh moving quick.

Good points.  I do think Marsh probably isn't quite on the same timeline as the aforementioned players you cited, but if it does indeed end up being the case, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

7 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

John T Eshelman: #Angels Maitan swings through 3 87-88 sinkers all in the zone. If it’s not middle-middle, the length of his swing = no/soft contact (backed up since July 2017 look). Young, sure, but I don’t see major league impact in the swing or body.

Ouch.

Angels really need to work on fixing his swing. The few clips I saw during spring were ugly. Long as hell and with poor bat speed, so no surprise he's late on everything