• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree. That guy was was so consistent. 

Yep....  Consistently awesome regardless of the situation.    Most underrated pitcher we ever had and the funny part is he wasn't underrated by baseball.  He was just that good.

Had the 2018 team had a Scot Shields, they might still be playing meaningful baseball..    Seriously, he would have been the 8 inning guy when they had Middleton, the closer when Middleton went down and once the RP started to get their act together, they could have moved him to the rotation.

We were so lucky to have had him.

Edited by Inside Pitch

7 hours ago, totdprods said:

Yeeeeahhh not seeing much on Duensing so far to give me hope. Deveaux as well, but as we might be seeing with Nonie, it can take a year or two with guys that young. 

Speaking of Duensing, he's being used in relief right now in Orem...actually put up a 3 IP 4 H 1 ER 1 BB 2 K line.

Anything special about his stuff...at all?  Any stand out pitch?

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep! 

On another note, I'm really thinking Jared Walsh makes the team next year. Two more bombs and that'll give him 30 on the season. When's the last time we had a hitting prospect hit 30 HR?

But yeah, Walsh is a lefthanded bat that can play 1B, OF and pitch for crying out loud. That type of player is incredibly valuable. When I think about the prospects of having him on the team though, I get bummed thinking about that dead weight in Pujols that's blocking him, Thaiss, etc. 

Brandon Wood? 

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep....  Consistently awesome regardless of the situation.    Most underrated pitcher we ever had and the funny part is he wasn't underrated by baseball.  He was just that good.

Had the 2018 team had a Scot Shields, they might still be playing meaningful baseball..    Seriously, he would have been the 8 inning guy when they had Middleton, the closer when Middleton went down and once the RP started to get their act together, they could have moved him to the rotation.

We were so lucky to have had him.

Scot Shields is my spirit animal.

- Sent from my Android phone in Puerto Vallarta

58 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Speaking of Duensing, he's being used in relief right now in Orem...actually put up a 3 IP 4 H 1 ER 1 BB 2 K line.

Anything special about his stuff...at all?  Any stand out pitch?

not so fast.  3.1ip, 7h, 2er, 1bb, 2k.  

don't know about his stuff.  

15 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Shoemaker in Inland Empire for rehab start:

4 IP 0 H 1 R 0 ER 2 BB 6 K 59 pitches

people don't realize how much of a big deal a healthy and effective Shoe could be for this club in 2019.  Give the team your 2016 season.  

they could save a major financial commitment for a #3/4 or at least have some additional depth.  

August 29th, 2018

Salt Lake (70-64) won 4-3 vs. Reno/ARI (68-67) in 10 innings 

• Hermosillo: 2-5, 2B, K
  • Rengifo: 0-4, BB
  • Thaiss: 1-4, RBI, BB
  • Walsh: 0-4, 2 K
  • Fernandez: 1-4, R, HR (15), RBI
  • Triunfel: 2-3, 2 R, BB, K, SB, CS
  • Suarez: 4.2 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 7 K - 76 pitches, 43 strikes - last 9 GS: 42.1 IP, 4.46 ERA, .238 BAA, 19 BB, 44 K, 3 HR allowed 
  • Paredes: IP, H, BB, 3 K
  • Rhoades: IP, BB, K - second-half ERA down to 0.36 in 24.2 IP

Inland Empire (66-69) won 8-3 vs. Lake Elsinore/SDG (64-71)

• Hunter, Jr.: 1-5, R, 4 K
  • Marsh: 1-5, 3 K, OF assist (10th on the season)
  • MacKinnon: 2-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, K - 90 walks on the season, .412 OBP (.477 OBP in 25 August games)
  • Fecteau: 2-3, R, 2B, BB, K - second-half slash of .284/.333/.444/.778 with 17 XBH in 45 G/162 AB
  • Camargo: 2-2, 2 R, RBI, BB, E (2) - slashing .310/.391/.379/.771 in his first 19 G/58 AB at IE
  • Jenkins: 1-4, R, HR (1), 2 RBI, OF assist
  • Shoemaker (rehab): 4 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K - 49 pitches, 30 strikes 
  • Tavarez: IP, H, BB, 2 K - at Burlington/IE in 2018, 38 G, 74.2 IP, 2.41 ERA, .233 BAA, 1 HR allowed, 33 BB, 87 K
  • Santos: 4 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 K

Burlington (50-80) lost 2-6 at Cedar Rapids/MIN (74-60)

• Rivas: 0-3, BB, 2 K 
  • Martinez: 1-4, R, K
  • Millard: 2-3, BB
  • Traver: 4 IP, 4 H, 4 K

Orem (20-48) won 8-7 vs. Grand Junction/COL (38-31) 

• Jackson: 0-5, K, E - hitting .171 in last 10 games
  • Maitan: 2-5, R, 3B, CS 
  • Knowles: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, 3B, BB (HR shy of cycle)
  • Fitzsimmons: 3-3, R, 2 RBI 
  • Barnes: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI 
  • Jones: 1-4, R, HR (2), 2 RBI 
  • Sala: 1-4, RBI, OF assist 
  • Duensing (1st relief appearance of '18): 3.2 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, BB, 2 K

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

people don't realize how much of a big deal a healthy and effective Shoe could be for this club in 2019.  Give the team your 2016 season.  

they could save a major financial commitment for a #3/4 or at least have some additional depth.  

And as Jeff Fletcher has pointed out a few times, Shoe's recent injuries do not point to UCL damage or being injury prone. 

He had a nerve injury that continued to go unnoticed each time he went to a doctor until they finally went in for a different clean-up operation and discovered the compressed nerve during the procedure, which was likely the culprit all along. 

Or something like that.

So, he could be back to being an important pitcher for us next year, but I can also see him being a non-tender candidate (or traded prior to non-tender deadline like Ervin) to save some $$$ depending on the org's plans. I have an offseason idea post coming up soon with one such idea.