• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

I'd rather he master AA then go up to Salt Lake and bat .350 with 30 bombs. 

I wish we could switch our AAA affiliate. It's almost impossible to gauge where these guys are at hitting in that environment. Or pitching for that matter. Then again all we have as fans are raw stats, which obviously is only skin deep when it comes to actual scouting.

Seems like AA is the real test. If you can kill it there you have a shot. 

35 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I wish we could switch our AAA affiliate. It's almost impossible to gauge where these guys are at hitting in that environment. Or pitching for that matter. Then again all we have as fans are raw stats, which obviously is only skin deep when it comes to actual scouting.

People have to remember that when they demand a player from AAA to be called up!

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/08/13/salt-lake-bees-la-angels/

Salt Lake Bees, L.A. Angels extend their long-running partnership through 2022 

5 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I assume that is Adell in center? Not to rain on the Adell parade, but that arm makes Johnny Damon's look like Rick Ankiel's.

When he was pitching he actually threw harder than Ankiel. I think that was more about the overall effort than just the throw 

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im hoping someone in the org is smart enough to connect trout with adell...trout is finally at the age (and pedigree) to be a big brother.

It would be a boost to a young guy like adell, and it would also plant a seed in trouts mind that going forward will be a lot better than the last few years...

I know of an organization that can help.

0000-BBBS-of-America_Purple-Horizontal.png

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

I assume that is Adell in center? Not to rain on the Adell parade, but that arm makes Johnny Damon's look like Rick Ankiel's.

I thought the throw was both accurate and strong. Sometimes it's better to bounce it in for accuracy (to catch a runner trying to extend a base) instead of trying to launch a missile on the line. The ball is caught low where the tag needs to be, rather than risk it going high and to the left or right and having to swipe tag.