• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

because of the all aggressive promotions, the low level teams are terrible and each level is progressively better for the most part.  

DSL 7-17, AZL 2-7, Orem 5-10, Burlington 31-47,  IE 37-42, mobile 42-34, SLC 44-37

Avg age in the DSL of 34 teams.  Pitchers 17.9 (4th youngest), Hitter 17.9 (middle of the pack)

AZL - hitters 19.5 (middle), Pitchers 20.7 (middle) of 18 teams.  

Orem - hitters 20.6 (4th of 8), Pitchers 20.8 (3rd of 8 teams)

Burlington - hitters 21.3 (5th of 16 teams), Pitchers 22.3 (13th)

IE 66ers - hitters 22.3 (4th of 8 teams), Pitchers 23.5 (5th)

Mobile - hitters 23.7 (5th of 10 teams), Pitchers 23.2 (youngest of 10 teams) 

SLC Bees - 27.5 (14th of 16 teams), Pitchers 25.3 (youngest of 16).  

So there still a decent amount of players that would be considered 'org' types.  

Glad to see Orlando Martinez get that promotion.

Admittedly, I was skeptical when I was told that Martinez was the best teenage bat to come out of Cuba in a long time.

It seemed unreal because all the upside Cubans come over with a bunch of hype and sign for millions. 

But the majority of those guys were raw, and Orlando is polished at a young age.

Martinez came with minimal hype and signed only for 200k. And there are some reasons for this, chief among them is him taking a year off because he was caught leaving, and he isn't physically imposing. 

But I'd love to see him torch Burlington to finish the year and start at Inland Empire next year at age 21. It would've seem to put him in a favorable age-development level.

Maitan 0/5.   another error.  They took his horse today (Martinez).  .698 ops.  3bb/14k.  so much for that hot start.  Still seems unmotivated.   

Let's hope Del Valle motivates him.  1/2, bb, hbp.  .961 ops.  

Swanda with another solid effort.  4ip, 3h, 2er, 1bb, 4k

Matt Leon - 2ip, 5k.  Has yet to give up a run.  UDFA.  needs to be in A ball.  

Jake Voss - 1.1ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 3k.  

Rengifo - 1/4, bb

Lund 2/5, hr (4), cs

Kruger - 4/5, 2b.  

Baldoquin - 1/4, 3b (7).  tied Rengifo for the franchise lead.  

Gatto - 6ip, 6h, 2er, 1bb, 3k.  

Zac Ryan - 2ip, 3k.  24yo Rher with time at A+ and AA.  From gtech.  23rd round last year.  1.95 era in 2017.  52k in 44.2ip this year with a 3.22 era.  

Thaiss - 2/5, 2b. .870 ops for the season 

Blash - 23rd hr of the year.  hitting .340.  Hey Jabari.  If you're reading this.  Stand normal and put your hands in the right spot.  Stop with the happy gilmore shit.  You're never going to make it with the way you're trying to do it.  You have incredible power.  Even if you didn't hit every ball out of the park, you'd still be dangerous.  

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Thaiss - 2/5, 2b. .870 ops for the season 

Blash - 23rd hr of the year.  hitting .340.  Hey Jabari.  If you're reading this.  Stand normal and put your hands in the right spot.  Stop with the happy gilmore shit.  You're never going to make it with the way you're trying to do it.  You have incredible power.  Even if you didn't hit every ball out of the park, you'd still be dangerous.  

The best bet for Blash would be playing in Japan.

6 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Seems Torii Jr. is having a rough go. 

.189 last 10 games and .245 on the year.

I would really like him to get it.

There's still time. He didn't play much baseball before this...

He started the year awful...first 11 games, slashing .125/.239/.150/.389 with 21 strikeouts in 40 ABs.
As April went on, he started to come around, ending the month .243/.333/.329/.662 with 28 strikeouts in 70 ABs. 

Then everything clicked in May - slashing .294/.381/.431/.812 with 16 walks to 27 strikeouts, and 10 XBH - he was up to 14 SBs in 16 attempts too. 

And now he's plummeted in June - he no longer has Adell and Marsh protecting him, and he's arguably the 'big bat' in the line-up now. Certainly being exposed, and perhaps putting some pressure on himself. It's a good challenge for him actually and I'm not surprised he's having a hard time with it.

Personally I think he has shown plenty of raw intrigue in Burlington and I'm pleasantly surprised despite the cold stretches. I'd like for them to promote him to IE sooner rather than later and get him some ABs between Jones, Marsh, and Adell and see if he picks it back up again. Let him finish the year there in a good hitting environment with competition closer to his age, start him there next year, and see where he goes from there.