• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

he looks kinda bored.  wonder if the braves advanced him to see if it would motivate him.  

Best take I've gotten from a source outside the org..   "he needs another horse to race against".   Basically -- he needs someone else's success to create some in house competition for him.   Early guess is that Jeremiah Jackson may be that guy.

interesting.  f it.  throw him in A+ ball.  

was just looking at Miggy.  .685 ops as a 17yo in rk/a-, .709 ops in A ball as an 18yo.  .754ops in A+ as a 19yo.  Then AA as a 20 yo a 1.038 ops and a trip to the bigs right after.  

Maitan is either that or he's going to toil around in the minors his whole career.  

If he's seabiscuit then give him war admiral in adell, marsh or jones.  

it really does seem like that could be the case.  

8 hours ago, 101halo said:

If a batter could consistently bat 500, would he be a major leaguer if he committed 2 errors a game? 

I suppose you'd need to know his obp and slg as well, but I guess the more obvious answer is you pay him tens of millions of dollars to DH. Ha. 

Yes...its called at DH

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Millville is kind of a dump...  Check this out...

https://www.areavibes.com/millville-nj/crime/   F grades for Crime, Education, Employment, Housing is a D+...  It's a go nowhere town with nothing to do.  There is no denying he grew up there and it's home but the area itself is pretty shitty and Philly is even worse.

Punch in the info for Anaheim and it's not really close...   Crime in Millville is a bigger issue than in Anaheim and we both know that if he was going to raise kids, he'd likely pick one of the surrounding communities.

• The overall crime rate in Millville is 142% higher than the national average.
  • For every 100,000 people, there are 18.83 daily crimes that occur in Millville.
  • Millville is safer than 5% of the cities in the United States.
  • In Millville you have a 1 in 15 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
  • The number of total year over year crimes in Millville has decreased by 9%.
    .vs Anaheim...
  • The overall crime rate in Anaheim is 8% higher than the national average.
  • For every 100,000 people, there are 8.39 daily crimes that occur in Anaheim.
  • Anaheim is safer than 32% of the cities in the United States.
  • In Anaheim you have a 1 in 33 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
  • The number of total year over year crimes in Anaheim has decreased by 5%.

I am sure Trout is going to weigh wikipedia's opinion over his personal experience growing up.

With the emergence of Fletcher and Renigfo and the other kid who was great last year, Is it time to consider moving Jones back to the outfield?  Or do you think this is one of those types of moves where his bat will stand out at 2nd but just be so so in the outfield?

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

interesting.  f it.  throw him in A+ ball.  

was just looking at Miggy.  .685 ops as a 17yo in rk/a-, .709 ops in A ball as an 18yo.  .754ops in A+ as a 19yo.  Then AA as a 20 yo a 1.038 ops and a trip to the bigs right after.  

Maitan is either that or he's going to toil around in the minors his whole career.  

If he's seabiscuit then give him war admiral in adell, marsh or jones.  

it really does seem like that could be the case.  

Well, he's hitting just fine in Orem, so either he's slotted at the correct level or he's being pushed by the likes of Orlando Martinez.

With Maitan, the Angels pitch was centered around their plan for him and where he fit in the organization.

My guess is they're going to be very careful with him, and let him find comfort in those around him. With the Braves, he was promoted so aggressively that he shared little in common with many of his teammates and seemed disconnected. Eppler and Swanson have tried to build a familial environment for these guys, putting them at levels with like-ability players from similar backgrounds and allow them to integrate themselves and form those bonds.

We see that with Jones, Marsh and Adell. All upside players with similar athletic profiles and ages coming from the South. Those three are definitely close.

We're seeing that with Jeremiah Jackson and Jordyn Adams too., and I think we've at least begun to see that with Matt Thaiss and Taylor Ward.

Obviously each player is responsible for his own performance and maybe part of it is pushing each other, but I really think a lot of it is having a sense of belonging. For a lot of these guys, this is the first time they've been challenged in baseball, or lived away from home. It's exciting but if they struggle, it can get awfully lonely. 

And sometimes these guys form unlikely bonds. You wouldn't think Trout and Richards would be close. Richards is a few years older, is a pitcher, comes from a different part of the nation and played collegiately. Trout is the opposite, but whatever, it works.

So I don't know who Maitan has connected with, maybe Soto, maybe Martinez, maybe De Valle. 

It may not seem important but it is.

Even beyond their playing career, these guys end up working together. I don't think it's coincidence that many of Scioscia's coaches throughout the years were either guys he played with on the Dodgers or coached on the Angels. 

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

https://www.areavibes.com/millville-nj/crime/   F grades for Crime, Education, Employment, Housing is a D+...  It's a go nowhere town with nothing to do.  There is no denying he grew up there and it's home but the area itself is pretty shitty and Philly is even worse.

Punch in the info for Anaheim and it's not really close...   Crime in Millville is a bigger issue than in Anaheim and we both know that if he was going to raise kids, he'd likely pick one of the surrounding communities.

• For every 100,000 people, there are 18.83 daily crimes that occur in Millville.
    .vs Anaheim...

IP- ain’t no Angels livin’ in Anaheim bro.

(Haven’t seen @EnglishCop lately, so wanted to give him some bait)

https://amp.mlb.com/283385580-mlb-international-signing-period-opens-july-2.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Are any of you hearing anything about players we are linked to in the international signing period?  Also in this link it says we have just under $5 million, I am assuming that is before the money we spent on Maitan and Soto?  

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

.vs Anaheim...

Probably should do the comparison to where Trout is hanging out in California now. It used to be Laguna Beach but I think he may have moved closer in. 

11 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

https://amp.mlb.com/283385580-mlb-international-signing-period-opens-july-2.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Are any of you hearing anything about players we are linked to in the international signing period?  Also in this link it says we have just under $5 million, I am assuming that is before the money we spent on Maitan and Soto?  

I think that's true about the intl money.  

as far as those linked to us:

cut.jpg

Alexander Ramirez | Rank: 24

Hometown: San Cristobal, Dominican Republic 

Position: OFAge: 15 DOB: 08/29/2002Bats: R Throws: RHeight: 6'2" Weight: 180 lb.

Watch

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 45 | Arm: 55 | Field: 50

Ramirez, who won't turn 16 until late August, is one of the youngest prospects in this year's class. He's also among the most athletic and intriguing.

A right-handed hitter, Ramirez has displayed good footwork and an advanced approach at the plate. Scouts rave about his raw power and his ability to make hard contact to all fields. Like most strong prospects, Ramirez puts on a show during batting practice, but he is also able to translate that power into game action. He is considered a solid defender overall and has the size -- and the tools -- that could eventually land him in one of the corner outfield spots as his body matures.

Ramirez starred in the International Prospect League in the Dominican Republic and played for SCORE International Baseball in Alabama.

The outfielder is from San Cristobal, Dominican Republic, and is trained by his father, Cadri Ramirez, and Amaurys Nina. The Angels are the favorite to sign him.

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

I am sure Trout is going to weigh wikipedia's opinion over his personal experience growing up.

No shit.....  I said as much Sherlock, but the reality is that Millville while home for him is far from being the idyllic Mayberry USA that some might think.   The post wasn't about shedding light on the place to Mike Trout but rather to people here who may not be familiar with South New Jersey.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

No shit.....  I said as much Sherlock, but the reality is that Millville while home for him is far from being the idyllic Mayberry USA that some might think.   The post wasn't about shedding light on the place to Mike Trout but rather to people here who may not be familiar with South New Jersey.

?