• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

I don't. He would've given us the best years of his career, is a great guy and probably would go to Philadelphia because it's close to home and he wants to start a family.

I wish Trout nothing but the best. I hope he stays, but will still admire him if he goes.

You’re probably just saying that because the angels are garbage right now. A lot can happen in 2 years 

36 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Maybe he doesn't want to raise his family in so-Cal. I know I'm happy raising my family in the country. The city doesn't interest me anymore except to go to Angels games.

Major league players are on the road for half of a six month season.  They are at spring training for another month.  They are only home for 3 months, and that is staggered.  

Whete he wants to raise a family shouldn't have too much to do with it.  His off season is 5 months.  He can live anywhere he wants during that time

Just now, stormngt said:

Major league players are on the road for half of a six month season.  They are at spring training for another month.  They are only home for 3 months, and that is staggered.  

Whete he wants to raise a family shouldn't have too much to do with it.  His off season is 5 months.  He can live anywhere he wants during that time

Yes, but if he does sign with Philly, he goes home to his ranch in Millville for 90 more days (3 months) out of the year. 

So I'd understand if he chose elsewhere.

However, by everything I've read, he seems to enjoy playing in Southern California and is close with Scioscia, Calhoun, Richards, Pujols, Ohtani...

All the Mike Trout speculation about him leaving is complete horseshit pulled out of thin air.  The guy literally a few days ago said he’s happy to be an Angel.  He’s happy in Orange County.  Those are his words.  Nothing about raising his kids in the country.  Nothing about going back to Jersey.  

If he wants to leave it’s his decision, but right now there’s zero reason to believe that’s what he wants.  All he’s said other then that he loves being an Angel is that he wants to win.  Which is literally what every professional athlete says. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Jerryell Rivera's first three starts for Orem:

1ip, 2h, 4er, 5bb, 0k
2ip, 5h, 3er, 3bb, 0k
0.2ip, 1h, 0er (2 unearned), 4bb, 0k

total - 3.2ip, 8h, 7er, 12bb, 0k.  

It's subtle, but it appears he's struggling a bit.  

5.46 WHIP. 

That's good right?

17yo Raider Uceta on the DSL team - .821 ops through 60 ab.  talked about before.  Big body.  Already 215lbs.  nice swing

Jose Quezada - 19yo.  Time in LF/CF/2b.  .854 ops in 84 ab.  That's very good for that league btw.  12bb, 16k.  

Jenrry Gonzalez - 17yo LHP - 15ip, 8h, 1er, 6bb, 16k

Kelvin Moncion - 19yo LHP - 16ip, 14h, 5er (2.81era), 7bb, 23k.  

14 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Livan Soto - 2/5, 2b(3), sb(3).  
Maitan - 2/4, 2b (1).  2 more errors.  4 in his last 2 games.  

If a batter could consistently bat 500, would he be a major leaguer if he committed 2 errors a game? 

I suppose you'd need to know his obp and slg as well, but I guess the more obvious answer is you pay him tens of millions of dollars to DH. Ha. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Jerryell Rivera's first three starts for Orem:

1ip, 2h, 4er, 5bb, 0k
2ip, 5h, 3er, 3bb, 0k
0.2ip, 1h, 0er (2 unearned), 4bb, 0k

total - 3.2ip, 8h, 7er, 12bb, 0k.  

It's subtle, but it appears he's struggling a bit.  

Yeah that strike zone has to be looking pretty small right now.

Jesus Castillo - 5.2ip, 5h, 5er, 2bb, 3k.  Got hit hard from what I saw but that was late in his outing.  gave up a salami.   don't see a ton of stuff here.  

Tyler Stevens - 2ip, 0er, 1k.  1.53 era at AA.  27k in 17ip at AA.  What's wrong with him?  

Rengifo - 2/4, hbp, bb, sb (11).  It literally seems unpossible as to what he's doing.  

Kruger - 2/5, hr (3 at AA in 31 ab with 6 overall).  Fun prospect considering that we all (pretty much every prospect reporting system available) missed on him.  

Baldoquin - 1/3, bb.  holding his own at AA so far.  

Jared Walsh - 1/5, hr.  His 20th overall.  .967 ops overall. 

High total for hrs in our minors last year was 15 for the entire season.  

19 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Ok that's fair. But I was talking about Millville.

Millville is kind of a dump...  Check this out...

https://www.areavibes.com/millville-nj/crime/   F grades for Crime, Education, Employment, Housing is a D+...  It's a go nowhere town with nothing to do.  There is no denying he grew up there and it's home but the area itself is pretty shitty and Philly is even worse.

Punch in the info for Anaheim and it's not really close...   Crime in Millville is a bigger issue than in Anaheim and we both know that if he was going to raise kids, he'd likely pick one of the surrounding communities.

• The overall crime rate in Millville is 142% higher than the national average.
  • For every 100,000 people, there are 18.83 daily crimes that occur in Millville.
  • Millville is safer than 5% of the cities in the United States.
  • In Millville you have a 1 in 15 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
  • The number of total year over year crimes in Millville has decreased by 9%.
    .vs Anaheim...
  • The overall crime rate in Anaheim is 8% higher than the national average.
  • For every 100,000 people, there are 8.39 daily crimes that occur in Anaheim.
  • Anaheim is safer than 32% of the cities in the United States.
  • In Anaheim you have a 1 in 33 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
  • The number of total year over year crimes in Anaheim has decreased by 5%.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Third base is calling....

and they left a message.  It says 'you should play 1st'.  

Seriously though.  In he games I saw he looked decently natural at SS.   My biggest concern is that reaction time looks a but slow.  He's got an air of 'going through the motions' about him overall.  A Robbie Cano sort of demeanor.  

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

and they left a message.  It says 'you should play 1st'.  

Seriously though.  In he games I saw he looked decently natural at SS.   My biggest concern is that reaction time looks a but slow.  He's got an air of 'going through the motions' about him overall.  A Robbie Cano sort of demeanor.  

I've heard the whole, he's a bad practice player attached to him from solid sources.  I think maybe we are seeing some of that.  

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I've heard the whole, he's a bad practice player attached to him from solid sources.  I think maybe we are seeing some of that.  

he looks kinda bored.  wonder if the braves advanced him to see if it would motivate him.