• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Dude is going to be knocking on the door of the big leagues mid way through next season. 

I'm as excited about Adell as anyone, but I wouldn't blame the Angels if he spent a full season in AA. He isn't walking a ton yet (though more than he did last year) and I'd like to see what he can do against quality offspeed pitches.

Trout spent as little time in AA as he did because his plate discipline was already a "plus" skill and he'd started making adjustments that quickly would've made AA pointless.

I see a little of that in Adell. He's quick to adjust and those adjustments he makes can quickly make leave a developmental level behind. I don't think anyone foresaw Jo moving well beyond A Ball in only six weeks. 

Even the best prospects spend the majority of one season there.

I feel confident in saying that I think Thaiss would already be an upgrade over Valbuena. I also question how much playing in the PCL really helps with his development. Everybody hits in that environment. That said, I'm also never a fan of calling up some of their better prospects just to be bench players, so...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, SoWhat said:

Jones: 0-3, 3R, 3BB

Adell: 3-5, HR, BB, 2RBI. Raised his OPS to .805

Marsh: 2-5, 3 RBI, 2 Ks

I didn't see Adell's last at bat, but even the out he made that I saw was a scorcher to 3b.  

Marsh is like jekyll and hyde dude will look completely lost for two at bats and then he crushes a LCF gap triple where he just burns around the bases.  

It's almost like Jones is waiting for his bat to wake up.  He just doesn't give up at bats.  But it feels like he's been a bit out of sync all year and I think it's because of the move to 2b.  you can see it wearing on his mind.  But he's getting much better at it.  Almost made a couple of plays tonight due to his incredible athleticism.  Plays he'll make in two years with more reps.  The guys is a gamer though.  

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I feel confident in saying that I think Thaiss would already be an upgrade over Valbuena. I also question how much playing in the PCL really helps with his development. Everybody hits in that environment. That said, I'm also never a fan of calling up some of their better prospects just to be bench players, so...

giphy.gif

he could probably out perform LVB, anyone we've parked in RF, Cozart, Kinsler (this year), Maldo, and Marte (and probably Albert).  

He's got kind of a Justin Smoak thing going on.  

7 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

giphy.gif

This is it in a nutshell.   The Angels shouldn't promote any of them unless they are willing to tie themselves to it and sink or swim with them.   Stoneman had to make this decision with Washburn, Ortiz and Schoeneweis, Eppler is going to have to do it with Thaiss and Ward.

5 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-updated-top-131-prospect-rankings/

New post draft prospect rankings from fangraphs. There are 131 prospects ranked. 4 Angels on the list:

59 - Jo Adell - up from 66

66 - Brandon Marsh - up from 97

70 - Jahmai Jones - down from 69

87 - Griffin Canning - up from not ranked

They've also raved about what they've seen from Jose Soriano and Trent Deveaux