• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

He also looks noticeably thicker around the butt and midsection.

So my question is, the Angels have had him in extended spring training for a few months and he’s still overweight and his swing looks like crap....wtf have they been working on with this kid? Is he on the Nonie Player Development Plan? 

Anyhow, not that impressed with his pre swing either.

His body isn't really that different from that of Vlad Jrs..     Time for people to stop obsessing over his build and for the Angels to start playing him someplace where it won't be a factor.

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Wayyyyyy too much movement ..  in and out with his hands.   Dude's not setting his hands.. just ugly.   

Yeah, that hitch is weird and unnecessary. I'd think it'd make him swing late on a lot of pitches.

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

His body isn't really that different from that of Vlad Jrs..     Time for people to stop obsessing over his build and for the Angels to start playing him someplace where it won't be a factor.

Yes, I agree. Put him at 3B for now, but he probably ends up at 1B...it he hits.

The little extra isn’t a huge problem for a corner infielder and bat first type, but it does imply a certain lack of self-discipline that can bleed over into other areas. 

46 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

He also looks noticeably thicker around the butt and midsection.

So my question is, the Angels have had him in extended spring training for a few months and he’s still overweight and his swing looks like crap....wtf have they been working on with this kid? Is he on the Nonie Player Development Plan? 

Anyhow, not that impressed with his pre swing either.

I know it's hard to tell, but last year in danville, he was soft, and had managed to gain 20 lbs between between July and September.  It's hard to tell in uniform, but he's dropped the 20 pounds and is definitely bigger in the arms and chest.  But again, the weight really shouldn't matter because he isn't a shortstop anyway.  He's as much of a shortstop as Miguel Sano is. 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Wayyyyyy too much movement ..  in and out with his hands.   Dude's not setting his hands.. just ugly.   

first thing I noticed.  he's literally bringing his hands to his right knee.  

image.pngimage.png

Here's leg up with initial hand movement.  

41 minutes ago, John Smith said:

GuEBxWhe_bigger.jpg Angels PR @LAAngelsPR

Courtesy of @alexmayer34... Youngest MiLB Players with 10+ Home Runs in 2018, All Levels: JOE ADELL (@joadell25) - (19 y, 62 d) 10 HR, levels A, A+ Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - (19 y, 85 d) 11 HR & level AA Fernando Tatis Jr. - (19 y, 158 d) 11 HR, level AA.

*Heavy breathing*

26 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was previously a bit underwhelmed by Thaiss and Scotty tried and failed to convince me that he was legit. I'm glad to be proven wrong - or at least it seems that way. I'm thinking his upside is that of a .290/.370/.530, 25 HR, 140 wRC+ hitter in the majors. Maybe .280/.350/.500 is more realistic, but I'll take it.

I personally think .500 is a bit high unless he's Markakis-ian with his doubles atop 25 HR. 

I actually think Markakis' line is a good comp. Career .289/.359/.425/.784 - maybe a tad less BA and a bit more SLG.