• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

If Shohei is pitching can he pinch hit for the DH?

6 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

Yes, I would assume his managers came up with the plan so he can focus on pitching and since the Japanese league uses the DH.  As far as the word refuse, I guess we will see when he is supposed to pitch in an NL park this year.  If he refuses to pitch we will know it.  

Focus on pitching. To the exclusion of hitting. OK.

I would think that facing MLB pitching would be valuable as a pitcher, as well as a hitter.

Babe Ruth and Mad Bum must be super human computers to be able to do both, with all that focusing needed. Same with Drysdale and Ken Brett.

How a guy has any hope to be a decent DH by hitting only three times a week is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Focus on pitching. To the exclusion of hitting. OK.

I would think that facing MLB pitching would be valuable as a pitcher, as well as a hitter.

Babe Ruth and Mad Bum must be super human computers to be able to do both, with all that focusing needed. Same with Drysdale and Ken Brett.

How a guy has any hope to be a decent DH by hitting only three times a week is beyond me.

I love how your list includes two people.  One that did it 100 years ago and one that is active.  

The defense rests your honor.

The answer is no.  You can't just decide to insert him into the lineup the second or third time through.  He would have to be scheduled to hit in the starting lineup.  The Angels then would not be able to use a DH for the rest of the game and would have to treat it like NL rules.

Does anyone know if Ohtani hit on the days he started in Japan?  I know he didn't hit the day before or after, but what about the day of?

22 minutes ago, nate said:

The answer is no.  You can't just decide to insert him into the lineup the second or third time through.  He would have to be scheduled to hit in the starting lineup.  The Angels then would not be able to use a DH for the rest of the game and would have to treat it like NL rules.

This is incorrect. 

19 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

But if he pinch hits for himself can he then replace himself on the mound?

Yes, but he'd then be required to pitch with his left hand and wear his uniform backwards, ala Kris Kross. 

You know, everything to the back with a little slack. Cuz inside-out is . . . 

wiggity, wiggity, wiggity wack!

5.11 (6.10) Designated Hitter Rule

(10)  Once the game pitcher bats or runs for the Designated Hitter, such move shall terminate the Designated Hitter role for that club for the remainder of the game. The game pitcher may pinch-hit or pinch-run only for the Designated Hitter.

Edited by Lou

5 hours ago, nate said:

Does anyone know if Ohtani hit on the days he started in Japan?  I know he didn't hit the day before or after, but what about the day of?

His Nippon Ham were in a league with a DH, so the same rules applied with meant if he was pulled the relief pitcher would have to hit.

So to answer your question no he did not DH when he pitched.

3 hours ago, calscuf said:

A ton of people must have me on ignore.  I correctly answered the question early on in this thread and nobody seemed to notice.

Except you didn't answer the question. You rambled on about the DH taking the field, blah, blah,blah.

You know, like a lawyer.