• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/1 Angels @ A's: Ohtani's pitching debut

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

This is why Scioscia's bullpen management is so horrible.

Bringing in a struggling Parker was so stupid.  And I said so from the 2nd batter, so you cant accuse me of hindsight

LOL, you're right -- better instead to not pitch him at all and then bring him in with a one run lead instead of a four run lead where he has wiggle room.  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

LOL, you're right -- better instead to not pitch him at all and then bring him in with a one run lead instead of a four run lead where he has wiggle room.  

I wouldn't pitch him except in blowouts, or give him a quick leash in the early innings till he figures it out.  He's been shaky all spring, yet Scioscia makes him the stopper? lol

7 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

This is why Scioscia's bullpen management is so horrible.

Bringing in a struggling Parker was so stupid.  And I said so from the 2nd batter, so you cant accuse me of hindsight

To his credit, he pulled him before it was too late.  I'm okay rolling Parker out with a 4 run lead in the 9th, as long as a contingency plan is in place.  But yeah, after this outing, in conjunction with his ST + previous outing, he's probably ticketed to have some low-leverage work for now until he figures things out.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

After 4 games, hard to judge a pen.  So far though, it’s been shaky.

Johnson has looked really good, though.

Good thing they have some $25 million to play with, they may need to use some of it later on on a proven reliever.

I really wish we'd signed Holland. Hard to fault Eppler, though, considering how much we keep being appreciative of him rebuilding the farm. Tough to lose a high pick for a reliever.