• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (March 29th, 2018) Opening Day!!

Chuck

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Richards didn't pitch well.  Trout and Upton stunk. All 3 are responsible for the loss.  Since Trout is the best player in the game and had opportunities to knock he runs, he does shoulder most of the blame.  I agree that so far, married Trout sucks.

arguably the three most important players on this team.  

1 minute ago, disarcina said:

OK - Trout 0-6 today - sucked - left guys on base etc.

how many folks are rushing to drop Trout form their fantasy baseball league teams ?

yeah - exactly zero.

What's your point exactly?  Who brought up fantasy baseball?  He was pathetic today.  He is one of the major reasons the Angels lost and he deserves the criticism.

my point is -- we'll still take Trout.

I brought up FLB -- no one else.

FLB on my mind today - had a 'great' opening day -- my starting catcher Sal Perez - KC -- a good pick- on DL out about two months. I pick up a quick replacement for him this morning just before start of all games -- that guy goes 0-5 -- the guy I drop to pick him up is the A's 1B/OF (Matt Olson) who hit a dinger against us today.

my team bats .150 and my KC starter (not pitching to Salvadore Perez) gives up 3 HRs in one inning.....

Opening Day Blues !!!!!  But -- hey - BASEBALL IS BACK !!  Makes it all worth it.

really - pen did pretty well today.

i think our pen is a strength for us (I guess until it isn't)

but the pen did ok today.

you gotta catch the ball.

while everyone raves about the Halos defense up the middle (and it's very good/ stellar in fact) -- when you have too many DH type guys who you are trying to hide -- well -- the ball seems to find them -- so there will be some ground ball doubles to RF this year that get past the DH playing 1B and we saw the DH playing LF this afternoon.

another aspect of the Ohtani factor.

Ohtani has an ichiro style swing yet when we got him he supposedly had 80 level power. His feet and body are all over the place. He's literally hitting everything on the ground, he can't lift anything in the air. Ground balls are outs, if Ohtani can't lift anything then his career as a hitter is going to be over really quick.

Funny thing is he wanted to go to an AL team but in a year or two he might of had more at bats hitting 9th in the pitcher's spot for the Dodgers then us. He has to be good enough at pitching that almost like a prerequisite we deal with his hitting b/c they come as a package. Power hitters are hitting over 50% of BIP in the air but Ohtani grounds EVERYTHING.

20 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Ohtani has an ichiro style swing yet when we got him he supposedly had 80 level power. His feet and body are all over the place. He's literally hitting everything on the ground, he can't lift anything in the air. Ground balls are outs, if Ohtani can't lift anything then his career as a hitter is going to be over really quick.

Funny thing is he wanted to go to an AL team but in a year or two he might of had more at bats hitting 9th in the pitcher's spot for the Dodgers then us. He has to be good enough at pitching that almost like a prerequisite we deal with his hitting b/c they come as a package. Power hitters are hitting over 50% of BIP in the air but Ohtani grounds EVERYTHING.

Right now he’s like that golfer who does really well at the driving range but sucks on the course. 

The only way Shohei will improve to the point of helping this offense is by logging reps against major league pitching. People want to have all these great young players but don't want to have to put in the time for adjustments.

I'm sorry, that just isn't the way it works. Players need a patient manager willing to put them out there and allow them to develop. Earlier in his career, that wasn't Mike Scioscia. But as he's gotten older he's become more patient.

Even Mike Trout sucked for his first 50 or so games as a pro. Granted he was only 19, but it just illustrates how hard this game is.

And Shohei has to do it on the mound and at the plate. He'll need Scioscia to keep rolling with him, and he'll need to shrug off the media feeding frenzy that will call him a bust every time he looks foolish. 

1 hour ago, IheartLA said:

I always thought national league made more sense because the bar is a lot lower for a hitting pitcher.  If he can even hit average out of the pitcher spot it's s huge advantage.

as a DH he has to be at least as good as an average DH and really has to be better than the average DH to have an advantage.

we are waiting to take him off your hands when you give up on him.