• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Blake Parker's ST

The part that makes me nervous, as MAGA pointed out, is that last spring his results were so drastically different than this year and then his ST success went into the season.  I hope it's not the same this year. 

I want to believe that he's just getting work in, and doesn't want to show too much of his stuff.  Last year he had to make the team.  This year he knows he's on the team and wants to confuse his scouting report for hitters.

perfect practice makes perfect.  

throwing meatballs to confuse scouting reports isn't an efficient use of spring training.  then suddenly turning on the real stuff seems like it would be challenging.  

he might be working on some stuff, but where he found success last year doesn't look the same.  

Parker is the one guy I am most concerned about. I mean we’ll see come the regular season but the Angels are going to be in serious trouble if he’s not the same guy that he was last year.   Really need Parker and Bedrosian to hold down the back end of the bullpen. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

51 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

perfect practice makes perfect.  

throwing meatballs to confuse scouting reports isn't an efficient use of spring training.  then suddenly turning on the real stuff seems like it would be challenging.  

he might be working on some stuff, but where he found success last year doesn't look the same.  

I agree. I was only looking for an explanation, hoping for the best. It’s not an ideal way of using a spring training.  I sure don’t expect him to be the Angels closer by season’s end. 

17 hours ago, jordan said:

I agree. I was only looking for an explanation, hoping for the best. It’s not an ideal way of using a spring training.  I sure don’t expect him to be the Angels closer by season’s end. 

I think it was Terry Smith who mentioned a few days ago that Scioscia will start the season with a "closer by committee" plan, going with matchups, etc.

15 hours ago, krAbs said:

Meanwhile, Petit's spring stats:

Year
Tm Age GS W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP H9 HR9 BB9 SO9 SO/W OppQual
2018 OAK 33 0 0 0   0.82 8 0 0 0 0 0 11.0 4 1 1 1 0 0 13 0 0 0 38 0.364 3.3 0.8 0.0 10.6   8.3

...We may have kept the wrong reliever...

Yep, we're going to miss him to be sure.

Maybe if he started his delivery by simply going to a set position instead of all of the Parkinson-like tremors to be more centered, in the zone, focused, at peace, zenified?

or.....had better movement and location with his pitches.