• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols Production Drop Off (St. Louis compared to Angels)

CubsFan

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

It's the same reason why Vlad Guerrero and dozens of other kids from the DR fudge their birth certificate. If you're hitting the ball 450 feet and throwing 90 mph at 16, you'll make millions in a signing bonus. If you're doing it at 18, you might get 10K and one year at the academy to develop.

As for the Pujols hate, no thanks. I think it's ridiculous to blame him if Trout doesn't sign a mega-extension. In fact I think by the same logic we should credit Pujols' mentoring and influential role in the clubhouse if Trout does sign an extension.

But Pujols didn't get a major college offer and he was 13th pick out of judo.   The logic doesn't make sense....

Basically your saying Pujols lied about his age because he wanted to dominate and get a million dollar signing bonus, yet he didn't dominate and what kind of signing bonus does a 13th round get?

59 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Can't explain his wife's comments.  I need to know the context or is it third party gossip?

She was older, he was into her, he told her he was older to not have her write him off at hello.    If it wasn't Albert Pujols and people didn't need reasons to believe he is older than he is nobody would care...

I don't know that he isn't older than his stated age but the wife story is kinda lol...

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

She was older, he was into her, he told her he was older to not have her write him off at hello.    If it wasn't Albert Pujols and people didn't need reasons to believe he is older than he is nobody would care...

I don't know that he isn't older than his stated age but the wife story is kinda lol...

Agreed 

7 hours ago, stormngt said:

But Pujols didn't get a major college offer and he was 13th pick out of judo.   The logic doesn't make sense....

Basically your saying Pujols lied about his age because he wanted to dominate and get a million dollar signing bonus, yet he didn't dominate and what kind of signing bonus does a 13th round get?

Pujols being older explains his surprisingly early decline, but it makes his early career much more strange.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Because he's older now compared to earlier in his career. 

Hmm interesting.  And does this getting older as you get deeper in your career happen to a lot of players?  Did the players union agree to it?

Also is this why he seems slower on the basepaths?

Can anyone explain all this to me please?

I'm curious as to whether or not Arte Moreno has made any money off of Pujols.  A lot of people freaked out when the Lakers gave Kobe that extension but they made way more off of him so it was well worth it.  Has Pujols generated more than $250 million alone for Moreno??  I highly doubt it but I don't know the exact numbers.

8 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm curious as to whether or not Arte Moreno has made any money off of Pujols.  A lot of people freaked out when the Lakers gave Kobe that extension but they made way more off of him so it was well worth it.  Has Pujols generated more than $250 million alone for Moreno??  I highly doubt it but I don't know the exact numbers.

Depending on who you speak to, AP is either partially responsible for the TV deal or not at all...   Opinions may vary based on game day results.

5 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Hmm interesting.  And does this getting older as you get deeper in your career happen to a lot of players?  Did the players union agree to it?

Also is this why he seems slower on the basepaths?

Can anyone explain all this to me please?

I can.

A. You see, as human beings age, they tend to put on weight. Most, if not all, begin to develop lines on their faces that weren't previously there. 

B. Albert Pujols is a human being 

ergo,

C.