• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Wrigley Field

We just purchased tickets to see the Cubs play at Wrigley on July 4th.  Huge bucket list item.

After purchasing the tickets, I dont think I will every complain about the Halos pricing.

For the upper deck OF seats...we are paying $72.00 per ticket.

In June we are seeing the Angels...sitting in LF for about $35.00 a ticket.

It's fun to go.  However, the seats are tiny; I had to put my arm around my father the whole game during a hot and humid afternoon.  It was fun to watch the unique outfield culture.  Here's my story:

My dad and I were sitting along the third base seats close to the outfield.  A Red's player hit a ground rule double that bounced just inside left-field line and into the third base bleachers.  The outfield crowd started to chant at the Cubs fan who got the ball: "Throw it back!"  So the guy belatedly does but during play.  So the ushers (dressed in Khaki pants that reminded me of the Brown Shirts [Sturmabteilung]) start approaching this guy from all angles.  Once they surround him, they go to remove him and that outfield crowd starts yelling at the ushers: "Let him stay!"  The ushers back off and the crowd goes wild.  The Cub fan hold up his three-year-old kid, dressed entirely in Cubby attire, and both sections go nuts.  That scene paid for the tickets by itself. 

Have fun!

Went once in 1994, Cubs vs Pads, and sat by the Bleacher Bums in the LF bleachers.   

Sosa hit one off of Scott Sanders onto Waveland Ave., and the Bleacher Bums started the Wayne's World bowing to him. 

Got Chicago Dogs from the place in front of Wrigley Field.    No parking worries, took the El from the hotel I was staying at.  

I went to Fenway last year to see the angels. That’s a must stadium to visit. Old stadium beams in the way the first game. The 2nd game opened up the wallet a little more and sat close to the angels dug out. Worth it. 

The entire trip we went to Citi Field, Yankee Stadium, and Fenway. Fenway and Citi field were fun. Yankee stadium is overrated and their fans are worse than dodger fans. 

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

I went to Fenway last year to see the angels. That’s a must stadium to visit. Old stadium beams in the way the first game. The 2nd game opened up the wallet a little more and sat close to the angels dug out. Worth it. 

The entire trip we went to Citi Field, Yankee Stadium, and Fenway. Fenway and Citi field were fun. Yankee stadium is overrated and their fans are worse than dodger fans. 

I’ve never had a problem with Yankee fansat Yankee stadium and I’ve been to both stadiums a total of 6 times.  

1 hour ago, SuperTroopers said:

I’ve never had a problem with Yankee fansat Yankee stadium and I’ve been to both stadiums a total of 6 times.  

My wife and I wore are angel gear at both Yankee and dodger stadium. I was cursed out more by yankee fans than dodger fans lol. I can honestly say I have never had a issue with dodger fans. Maybe bc I’m also Mexican? Idk lol 

6 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

That's because you smell like a double-double all the time, and it's rather pleasant.

however, if you smelled like the fries they'd likely toss you off the roof.

16 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

We just purchased tickets to see the Cubs play at Wrigley on July 4th.  Huge bucket list item.

After purchasing the tickets, I dont think I will every complain about the Halos pricing.

For the upper deck OF seats...we are paying $72.00 per ticket.

In June we are seeing the Angels...sitting in LF for about $35.00 a ticket.

Center field bleachers are the way to go.  Can literally have a conversation with the outfielders.  good times.

11 hours ago, nando714 said:

My wife and I wore are angel gear at both Yankee and dodger stadium. I was cursed out more by yankee fans than dodger fans lol. I can honestly say I have never had a issue with dodger fans. Maybe bc I’m also Mexican? Idk lol 

Coors Field is a home game for the Dodgers when they come up there.  So much Dodger Blue.

Wrigley upper deck seats are closer to the action than many Angels box seats...I grew up in that stadium AND the Big A. There's not a bad seat in the Friendly Confines. Go early and do the area outside..Cubbie Bear, Murphy's, Sluggers, etc..Walk Waveland and Sheffield Aves..see plaques where famous HR's landed, say hi to the guys in the firehouse...and most of all be prepared to experience that first time walking out of the tunnel and seeing the green grass and the ivy...there's nothing quite like the fist time you see it.  

It's Baseball Mecca.

In 1985 I flew to Chicago to help a friend move back to California. We were walking around and unbeknownst to me, ended walking around the outside of Wrigley. Didn't recognize it at all. My friend finally said something about it and I felt like a real lug nut for not recognizing where we were. Would like to have gone to a game there.

headed to Chicago in August and going to Comiskey for the first time. I hope the hot dogs are good.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

In 1985 I flew to Chicago to help a friend move back to California. We were walking around and unbeknownst to me, ended walking around the outside of Wrigley. Didn't recognize it at all. My friend finally said something about it and I felt like a real lug nut for not recognizing where we were. Would like to have gone to a game there.

headed to Chicago in August and going to Comiskey for the first time. I hope the hot dogs are good.

Comisky sucks.  Concrete cinder block.

they never should have torn down the old comiskey

19 hours ago, Tank said:

Go to a Cubs game instead. 

Comiskey sucks and is located in the usc part of town 

On March 24, 2018 at 7:29 PM, Homebrewer said:

Wrigley upper deck seats are closer to the action than many Angels box seats...I grew up in that stadium AND the Big A. There's not a bad seat in the Friendly Confines. Go early and do the area outside..Cubbie Bear, Murphy's, Sluggers, etc..Walk Waveland and Sheffield Aves..see plaques where famous HR's landed, say hi to the guys in the firehouse...and most of all be prepared to experience that first time walking out of the tunnel and seeing the green grass and the ivy...there's nothing quite like the fist time you see it.  

It's Baseball Mecca.

You forgot to mention the piss troughs 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Go to a Cubs game instead. 

Comiskey sucks and is located in the usc part of town 

Cubs are out of town while I'm there, plus our district is buying a block of tickets for the ChiSox-Yankees game. 

Maybe I need to have lunch with Manfred and get him to change things just for me while I'm there. That shouldn't really too difficult.

Wrigley field--the law of diminishing returns.

1st visit:  "Awesome charming nostalgic historical bucket list check off experience!"

2nd visit:  "I remember how fun it was the first time I came here."

3rd visit:  "Damn this dumpy place is ridiculously uncomfortable and obsolete."

No 4th visit.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:29 PM, Homebrewer said:

It's Baseball Mecca.

Thanks for the advice.

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Wrigley field--the law of diminishing returns.

1st visit:  "Awesome charming nostalgic historical bucket list check off experience!"

2nd visit:  "I remember how fun it was the first time I came here."

3rd visit:  "Damn this dumpy place is ridiculously uncomfortable and obsolete."

No 4th visit.

You, once again, are so incredibly wrong.