• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Basket for lowered right field wall

rafibomb

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

It is kinda dumb and you just know it's going to benefit the other team more than the Angels.

I can see a game deciding solo homerun hit by some asshat like Dustin Pedroia in the 12th inning that takes 15 minutes to review. 

If we're going to lose, that scenario would be ideal. It gives me time to get out of the stadium before the douchebag sox fans 

3 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

I did not see any new netting at the fence or any extension netting at the dugout seats. They must be working on them this week. 

It looks like the netting was removed in front of the fence. Not sure what they’re doing with that. Maybe they scrapped that idea. 

Weird

5 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

It’s nothing like the green monster considering the green monster is basically a routine fly ball to left depth wise.   All they are doing is having the same height of wall around the entire park, like it used to be.   But yes the basket is lame. 

I was speaking hypothetically about the Monster because yes Strad, we all know why the Green Monster is as tall as it is thanks for the lesson. And it is not the same height of wall around the entire park, considering the left and right field walls are like 5 feet tall.

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Pujols needs to go to right more. 

Pujols is 100% a better hitter when he stops trying to pull the ball for homers and uses all sides of the field by swinging at the ball for contact, and hitting it where the pitches are thrown.

That's pretty much his power these days. I'm shocked nobody in the Angels organization has told him that.

Fine, 9th inning tie game, swing for the fences. But in a day to day routine, the guy just needs to get base hits and not make so many dumb outs.

4 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

I did not see any new netting at the fence or any extension netting at the dugout seats. They must be working on them this week. 

It looks like the netting was removed in front of the fence. Not sure what they’re doing with that. Maybe they scrapped that idea. 

0CD9AD47-508B-4B81-9004-1BA74B4CA43B.png

3B392490-4173-478C-8B8F-FFB5CDF71A53.jpeg

Maybe the images we saw were just tests and prototypes. Gawd I absolutely hate the idea of an even wall around the entire outfield. I like the variety of the various wall heights around the outfield.

TrollDaddy what the hell is that lol

3 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I was speaking hypothetically about the Monster because yes Strad, we all know why the Green Monster is as tall as it is thanks for the lesson. And it is not the same height of wall around the entire park, considering the left and right field walls are like 5 feet tall.

The wall is the same height all the way around except in the corners where it is about 3 or 4 feet high.  So from old bullpen to old bullpen it is the same height.    

6 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

The wall is the same height all the way around except in the corners where it is about 3 or 4 feet high.  So from old bullpen to old bullpen it is the same height.    

Except that's not what you said.

12 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

All they are doing is having the same height of wall around the entire park, like it used to be.

It never used to be the same height of wall around the entire park.

Either way, this is dumb. Doesn't hurt to have some variety in wall height the same way it's been for the last 15-20 years. What's the point of having a high wall if it's not being accounted for? And if they really have that tacky ass net it's even worse. Who is out of their goddamn mind that makes these asinine decisions and why would Arte sign off on it?

20 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

And if they really have that tacky ass net it's even worse. Who is out of their goddamn mind that makes these asinine decisions and why would Arte sign off on it?

You must really hate the tacky confines of Wrigley