• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Basket for lowered right field wall

rafibomb

It's likely there to stop a fan from messing with the scoreboard. Remember this wall was added prior to 1997, as the stadium has looked different and had different seats several times in my lifetime. I'm surprised honestly that Arte didn't try adding another 5,000 seats at some point in the OF.

I think lowering the yellow line was stupid, and the net is even stupider. And ugly. And cheap looking. 

What was the problem with the tall wall in the first place?

Also, and many may disagree, I really think it's kind of the point of a Home Run how a ball needs to "leave the field" to be counted, not just hit over some arbitrary yellow line even though it stays in the field of play. For example like at Chase field they have the yellow line in center, I hate that crap. And I liked the fact you had to hit over the tall scoreboard wall, and the other hits that went off the scoreboard, made for some variety with doubles and triples. It's like taking the Green Monster and painting a yellow line down the center of it halfway up the wall. Welp, it didn't go over the wall but since we decided to put this line here, HOMER RUN! 

Overall this is just dumb. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It is kinda dumb and you just know it's going to benefit the other team more than the Angels.

I can see a game deciding solo homerun hit by some asshat like Dustin Pedroia in the 12th inning that takes 15 minutes to review. 

If it benefits the other team then that’s on Eppler for not acquiring the pitching or the left handed hitting.  

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Anyone who was at the game last night get a good look at the net/basket?

I did not see any new netting at the fence or any extension netting at the dugout seats. They must be working on them this week. 

It looks like the netting was removed in front of the fence. Not sure what they’re doing with that. Maybe they scrapped that idea. 

0CD9AD47-508B-4B81-9004-1BA74B4CA43B.png

3B392490-4173-478C-8B8F-FFB5CDF71A53.jpeg